LegacyGT.com

Detag

yeldnats

I like the front, mostly because I like all black grills. As for the rear, I generally favor debagging the rear of a car but the badges on the back of the Legacy are small enough that they do not bother me. I generally debadge the car to make waxing easier.

I would take off the Legacy in the rear and see if the silver cross bar in the front could be blackened. That way you just have a "floating" Subaru emblem in front and one in the rear.

Their is a mesh grille from subaru that has just a small subaru emblem in the middle. I plan on getting that one day for my legacy, looks very clean and makes it look more sporty. As for the rear, I like the JDM style with just the emblem and legacy, I want to take off the rest.

[quote]Their is a mesh grille from subaru that has just a small subaru emblem in the middle.[/quote] I'm interested in that as well - have you seen a picture of the grille anyware?

[quote name='SUBE555'] Debadging may suggest someone is hiding something.[/quote] Yeah, personally, I'd like to hide that its a Subaru. Anyone else have success with removing the Oval Subaru Emblem on a Sedan?

[quote name='kanoswrx']Here is the grille I am talking about, nice and simple, and will add a more sporty look. [img]http://subaru.com.au/accessories/images/AccessoryLarge_17049_18737.gif[/img][/quote] Yep, that looks the best. I'm not into the horizontal bar in the Leggy or the OB.

[quote name='kanoswrx']Here is the grille I am talking about, nice and simple, and will add a more sporty look. [/quote] Yeah, that's the stuff... Now for a confirmation that it will work on US cars, or a version for USDM bumpers. That would be my first mod after buying the car.

[quote name='kanoswrx']Here is the grille I am talking about, nice and simple, and will add a more sporty look. [img]http://subaru.com.au/accessories/images/AccessoryLarge_17049_18737.gif[/img][/quote] I bet that will fit on the USDM cars.

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Wraith40k']anyone have any success in debadging their cars? I want to just remove the Legacy, Subaru and 2.5 GT from the back (and leave the Subaru emblem). The dealer said the Legacy and the emblem were pinned. True?[/QUOTE] Only the "Subaru" emblem on the trunk is pinned

I wouldn't mind losing the badge on the front. I know that if I had a WRX then the first thing I'd do is lose every possible letter on the back of the car that I could take off. The first thing I took off of my LGT was the 'SUBARU' and 'LEGACY'. I left the 2.5GT because I liked the way it looked. It looked unballanced with badging on one side, so I added a little custom 'BOXER' badging on the left. I may still debadge completely in the future, but I've had some really interesting looks from people as they try to figure out what kind of car I am driving. Nobody has ever heard of a Boxer 2.5GT before. ;) I'd love to find a sticker that covers up the very recognizable Subaru emblem on the front and back. On my Mustang I bought an oval badge from Steeda that covered up the FORD blue oval. It was a nice touch. I'd like to find something like that for this car too sometime.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

[quote name='Wraith40k']Thanks for the info! that is a big help.[/QUOTE] No problem...I guess the only way going about getting rid of the rear "Subaru emblem" would be to have a body shop fill in the holes and paint the trunk lid.

Archived