LegacyGT.com

Spring choices for 2004 legacy wagon

Workman217

I know this topic has probably been covered multiple times but i cant seem to find a straight forward answer. I just got my first subie, A 2004 legacy wagon and I am looking to lower it. What are my options for springs? Now i keep seeing H&R but thats about it. I see a bunch of options for 05+ but not alot for my car. Also in my search I have seen people talking about swapping top hats with imprezza hats. Is this neccecery for a spring swap? Thanks for the help!

At this point, H&Rs are the best option, though you might not be able to find them new. King springs used to make a set as well. Baja springs will raise it about 1.5 inches if you decide to go in the other direction.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a '00 Wagon, which I believe had the suspension as yours. I bought a set of JDM Bilsteins w/springs used off eBay and am very happy with the ride. However, the rear is a skosch lower, which leads me to believe I bought used parts from a JDM BE sedan. I'm hunting for a rear spring swap, as well, as I really don't want to get into coilovers and stuff too far beyond OEM. But coilovers are definitely an option if you're so inclined.

I have a '00 Wagon, which I believe had the suspension as yours.

Wrong.

When I decided to change stock springs there was only one condition: keep stock vehicle height. So I made a list of preferrable manufacturers:

1. STi pink springs. Run good on stock shocks.

2. Tein H.Tech. Same as STi pinks (difference is about 5 to 10% in specs). Same lowering. Run good on stock shocks.

3. Tein S.Tech springs, Eibach Prokit, H&R - more lowering, may cause troubles with stock shocks.

I've chosen Tein H.Tech. Run on these for about 2 years (including russian winters) - no problems at all.

Sorbus, thanks for the tips. Do you have part numbers of the Tein High Tech springs for BH wagon?

Russian winters? Wow! Here is a bumper sticker I had on a Jeep J10 pickup truck several years ago. In English, it translates to: "Tanks are not afraid of mud!"

1103146442_2006-04-01TanksArentAfraidofMud.thumb.jpg.a93b64a2cc1811ed5c5b7fe8cc4756f6.jpg

Sorbus, thanks for the tips. Do you have part numbers of the Tein High Tech springs for BH wagon?

Russian winters? Wow! Here is a bumper sticker I had on a Jeep J10 pickup truck several years ago. In English, it translates to: "Tanks are not afraid of mud!"

1. Check rallysportdirect.com They have plenty of info

2. :) your sticker tells the truth.

Archived