LegacyGT.com

Legacy spark plug cables not.

Hello folks, after I completed a dual turbo inlet pipe replacement on my 1997 Legacy RS it started to run a little rough, I checked all vacuum lines, cleaned the Mass Air flow sensor and Idle air control valve, but the rough idle remained.. I decided to do a spark plug replacement, but instead of finding spark plug cables plugged into spark-plugs I notice there are four square modules with three hard wire leads bolted on to where I expected the plugs to be. I traced the wire, and they are hard wired into the car's wire-harness. Can someone please explain what they are.. I am still not beliving that spark plug cables have been upgraded to a three wire lead with some type of electronic igniter.. Asking for some information about this set-up before I unbolt them for a look see..

Any help would be most appreciated..

Thanks mwiener: Coil packs? I can now do a search for some information about them.. Just trying this repair thing since retirement, usually the shop would call and say ready for pick-up. Glad you guys are out there helping. I rolled through Boulder once on my way to an assignment

in Seattle, miss rolling out and trying to get lost and riding the vacuum behind those 18 wheelers a lot more of the US of course, but Here in Cayman we were know as the island that time forgot. rebuilding this Subaru for my 18 year old. Thanks again..

• I Donated
I am still not beliving that spark plug cables have been upgraded to a three wire lead with some type of electronic igniter..

Thats the "current" technology. Most vehicles use a coil over plug design.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Seeking, brok is just a democratic smartass. Democratic because he doesn't discriminate who he teases. He knows what he is talking about every now and then though. :lol:

Your 18 year old is a lucky kid. Keep us updated and post a pic or two if you get a chance.

• I Donated

Since my last post was deleted, I'll rephrase what I said in a nicer way.

instead of trying make fun of a new member you could have reminded me of the regular fault of the pack connector degrading and becoming brittle over time. Some people are just nuts...

I don't know where you got that you were being made fun of. Nothing in what I said is even close to making fun of you.

Thats the "current" technology. Most vehicles use a coil over plug design.

I don't know if you did not read what I said correctly or if you're overly sensitive. I reinforced a point is all I did. I would understand if I directly came out and attacked you, then your response would have been justified...but in this case I simply answered your question.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived