LegacyGT.com

Nasty Rumble

Front left wheel rumbles from time to time on highway - it seems like the caliper gets stuck every once in a while... why?

Sometimes, when on a hill, car will stay still without depressing brake.

Other times, as I am coming to a stop with light brake pressure, I can distinctively feel the car "lurch" in rhythm to speed.

I'd like to take the caliper out, pull the pistons and reassemble... do you guys think that will solve the problem? The thing is both caliper and rotors were replaced less than 10k ago. At the time, things were just fine.

What else can the problem be?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If your vehicle is a manual it is probably equipped with "the hill holder" it is a cable compensator to prevent the vehicle from rolling bacwards when you are releasing the clutch and come of the brake to accel uphill. It is a built in strictly subaru feature. It maybe sticking on when your at speeds. worth lookin into before you tear down your calipers.

If your vehicle is a manual it is probably equipped with "the hill holder" it is a cable compensator to prevent the vehicle from rolling bacwards when you are releasing the clutch and come of the brake to accel uphill. It is a built in strictly subaru feature. It maybe sticking on when your at speeds. worth lookin into before you tear down your calipers.

Vw has been using it for years

Archived