LegacyGT.com

Call me stupid but...

05_Silver_GT

So i know this may stupid but i have to ask. I have searched for two days now and i cant find what i'm looking for.

Can someone please post a picture (real life picture) or the location of the Transmission dip stick? i for the life of me, can not find it. I can find the differential stick (passenger side, below inter-cooler, behind turbo?) correct if i'm not right on that.

But ive looked in the vacation pics and i can see where it should be, but i cant find it.

i know this is a repeating thread, but will someone please help me?

I believe so. It may be visible w/ it on, but would definately be visible with it off.

At the risk of insulting you, I didn't realize the car had to be running to check the trans fluid level. I haven't had an auto with a dip stick in a long time....

Thanks, i was aware that it had to be running to check. I just couldn't find it. It seems like the newer car get, the more they hide things from view. I can open the hood to my 2000 jeep Cherokee and spot the stick in a half second. But not on this car. If anyone could maybe post a picture that would be greatly appreciated.

Yup, 75W90 will do it. I use Redline 75W90NS in my LGT 5MT. The regular Redline 75W90 has "friction modifiers" that are intended for certain types of limited slip differentials, but can harm transmission synchros. Since our front differential is not limited slip, it's no problem to use the 75W90NS.

Subaru Extra-S is an OEM option for a quality gear oil.

I believe so. It may be visible w/ it on, but would definately be visible with it off.

At the risk of insulting you, I didn't realize the car had to be running to check the trans fluid level. I haven't had an auto with a dip stick in a long time....

are you saying for the auto tranny, the car needs to be running to get a proper reading of trans fluid level?

Yes, the car needs to be running for an auto to read accurately. I was worried at first that I had an ovefilled tranny.

And sorry to the original poster. I didn't realize you had a manual. My bad.

Yes, the car needs to be running for an auto to read accurately. I was worried at first that I had an ovefilled tranny.

And sorry to the original poster. I didn't realize you had a manual. My bad.

Its ok.... we are all learning together ;)... Just think, what would we all do without FBP to help?

So i know this may stupid but i have to ask. I have searched for two days now and i cant find what i'm looking for.

Can someone please post a picture (real life picture) or the location of the Transmission dip stick? i for the life of me, can not find it. I can find the differential stick (passenger side, below inter-cooler, behind turbo?) correct if i'm not right on that.

But ive looked in the vacation pics and i can see where it should be, but i cant find it.

i know this is a repeating thread, but will someone please help me?

Stupid.....sorry I was trying not to do that....but just couldn't keep myself from posting in this thread.

On the helpful side....make sure the car is flat and had cooled before you check the level. If you change the 75-90w, make sure you jack the car from the rear or you will not get all the oil out. That's something I learned last year. After changing mine since 30,000 back in 05.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived