LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

Depending on the style of music you are listening at, the auto function may not behave properly. Listening to classical music per example may not have enough amplitude to engage the auto mode.

A second advice you should observe is to put the volume of your iphone pass 85%. Let me know if this corrects your problem.

That did the trick. It can recognize any music playing if the volume is past 70ish %

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question on the input.

When I use my Blackberry with the input, it sounds great (also with an Android phone I had).

When I use my Ipod (Classic 160gb), the sound quality is horrible. Is the volume from the headphone jack on the ipod too much at full volume or is it not loud enough and in need of a headphone amp?

I have a question on the input.

When I use my Blackberry with the input, it sounds great (also with an Android phone I had).

When I use my Ipod (Classic 160gb), the sound quality is horrible. Is the volume from the headphone jack on the ipod too much at full volume or is it not loud enough and in need of a headphone amp?

That is strange on the Ipod, I've used multiple Iphones, Itouches and classics with mine no problem :confused:

I do wish I could get it to play a telephone call through it though :(

That is strange on the Ipod, I've used multiple Iphones, Itouches and classics with mine no problem :confused:

I do wish I could get it to play a telephone call through it though :(

It does indeed seem to be better when i turn the volume down to 50-75% depending on the file/song being played.

I don't know the output specs on the ipod classic headphone jack vs the Blackberry Torch and Samsung Captivate that didn't have any SQ issues...

I'm sorry, I really don't know why it would work on a blackberry and not on a iphone?? I have tested multiple audio source without any problem...

ashdoggy: I have to build more unit. Should have some in stock within a week. The price of the unit, including shipping can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/leptronix/

finally! installed the mod - instructions were key!

one thing i noticed tho.. i used forum member fee's setup - using the 2-1 usb charger and aux in. the sound is 'ok'.. i can't control the volume from my ipod and my music sounds like it's on max where it's clipping ever so slightly. could my set up be the problem? i tried changing the equalizer on my ipod to none and manually set my car's audio but not much has changed. regardless, thanks for the board redfloyd!!! :):)

So glad I finally spent the money on the kit! Took me about 2 hours to install, start to finish. Didn't mount the switch yet though... havent decided where I want it (and it was getting dark and cold).

Did notice that whenever the disc changer switches discs, the music to the aux-in cuts out for a few seconds. Its definitely not a big deal, and I'm guessing this is typical?

Anyway, this is a great mod... Should have done this sooner!

Yes this is typical. But why don't you put your head unit on fm radio instead of playing discs?

:eek:

hmmm.... guess I should have either kept up with this thread more, or followed instructions a little better :lol:

for whatever reason, I though it only worked on cd function. never bothered to try it on fm.

my hero! :p

• 1 month later...
thinking about picking up one of these if there are still some left. have an HTC EVO and am trying to think how i would set everything up. I would like to charge it and play music while in my car, anyone know of a similar cable to the ipod that would only have one connection to the phone?