LegacyGT.com

My wagon is a rust bucket!

Well not yet at least but I want to stop it before it gets worse. The cancer has started, specifically on the inside of my drivers door. The other 3 doors have smaller spots between 2-4". I checked a few other places and one fender has about a nickel size spot :eek:

Obviously this happens over time being that my legacy is now 10 years old and has spent most of its life in the midwest.

Has anyone ever had rust professionally fixed before? The inside doors have a lip and I could imagine it would be more of a pain to fix.

Are there any sneaky areas I should check for rust before I take it to a shop? The little rubber fender linings are long gone.

I want to cure my cancer before the rust starts to match my gold RPF1's.

613053968_2015-06-1320_12_38.thumb.jpg.3185586c098a3e2df90fb73a16e3ed33.jpg

My front passenger side door had the same thing. Last summer I wire brushed it, painted it with "Extend rust inhibitor" then used some touch-up paint to cover it.

I had my buddies body shop pull the windshield and fix surface rust around it last year and had them put the clear 3M spray on coating over the A pillars and about 15" on the front of the roof. To keep stones from chipping the paint.

I also have a very small spot on the back corner of the drivers side rear wheel opening, about a 1/4" bubble under the paint. I'll spend a little time on that soon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks for the information. I was planning on doing it myself until I realized the extent of it. I still might end up doing it myself since its not visible. Luckily Rustoleum makes a very close match to my BSM paint, I actually think its called almost the same lol.

Archived