LegacyGT.com

finally found a decent lgt with decent miles, for an 05 that is

peshkins

so i finally found a lgt, 2005 78k miles, and they are asking 11,500, carfax looks clean

comes with 30day warranty (dealer)

but most of all what im worried bout, is the tranny its a 5speed automatic, ill prob be test driving it this week and purchasing it if things go good, ill have a mechanic/subaru owner with me, plus ur guys opinions, advice,

what exactly should i be looking for in the automatic tranny?

grinding noises?

after driving it hard, what should i look for? any insight is very much APPRECIATED!

and i know that i would have to change the turbo asap. before it gives any signs of failure,

what signs of weekness should i be looking for?

and other leaks in different areas.

thank u

78k isnt necessarily low mileage, bought mine exactly a year ago with 40k miles, and it was an 05. I would love to help you answer your questions, but I am having trouble finding them. Your post looks like a myspace blog. Please edit your post for clarity and you will find more people responding. Nobody wants to read the crap you took on this page though.
On the search for a new DD...

ye sorry bout that long post, lol

Basiccly I'm wonderimg how good the autotranny is? Are they good enough to hold upgraded turbo and reflashed ecu with 80k miles on it? And what exactly should I be looking for in the tranny? Like noises when shifting? Any certain areas of leaks on other places of the car?

Thank u!

You may want to do some searching on the auto trannies, I personally cant answer them for you. Thank you for editing the post, that is much better. Its not a necessity to change out the turbo, I would hold out, just take the filter out of the oil feed line and your turbo should have a better chance of lasting. I would recommend you do an uppipe, downpipe, and Accessport/OpenECU tune first so your car would be ready for a better turbo. You dont want to hook an upgraded turbo to that restrictive downpipe anyways, and a catted uppipe is such a bad idea, Subaru even ditched them. Once you get to that level, I hear an upgraded auto tranny cooler becomes very beneficial, and can easily hold that power level. I personally wouldnt mess with the auto, but thats just my preference.

Hmm, very intersting, thank u!

I'm prob gana try keep is simple as possible,get rid of that oil filter for turbo, and buy a rebuild kit, or kit that allows more turbo boost,or bigger flow( forgot what its called, ) and reflash it then, or keep it stock, and take ur advice on uppipe and downpipe,, but what I'm concerned bout is that gana get my cel on? Emissions gana pass?

Thanks!

Hmm, very intersting, thank u!

I'm prob gana try keep is simple as possible,get rid of that oil filter for turbo, and buy a rebuild kit, or kit that allows more turbo boost,or bigger flow( forgot what its called, ) and reflash it then, or keep it stock, and take ur advice on uppipe and downpipe,, but what I'm concerned bout is that gana get my cel on? Emissions gana pass?

Thanks!

Uppipe, downpipe and emissions will increase flow to and from the turbo, allowing you to run higher boost. To run higher boost safely, you must first add some sort of engine management system, aka a reflash. When you reflash with either Cobb or OpenECU software, it will crank up the boost, change timing characteristics, and disable CELs that are associated with the missing EGT sensor and the O2 sensor readings. This rebuild kit you refer to does not exist. If you want your turbo to flow, give it bigger pipes.

makes sense, thanks

can u point me in the right direction for up pipe/ down pipe?

ill look on the forums here, does it matter if they are new or used? this is my first turbo car, and wana learn as much as possible, and do thing properly.

and how difficult is it to reach the oil filter for turbo so i could remove it? and is there anything that needs to be bought to put inplace of it?

Uppipe - go with the factory catless uppipe from an 04-07 STi. Factory fitment, and does the same thing an aftermarket one would do for a fraction of the cost. Plenty of htese are floating around on forums.nasioc.com

Downpipe - go with ERZ/CNT. Low cost, high quality, and they have a cat so you dont have to smell straight gas all the time. But dont worry, the cat isnt restrictive, every time I boost, I still smell fumes.

Everything you need to know about the turbo supply oil filter is in this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5gt-turbo-oil-supply-banjo-bolt-filter-removal-62371.html. Doing a little searching around will get you a long way. Hate to throw that out there, but search is your friend. Hopefully this will give you a good start.

thanks! helped me out very much, so im stuck with the hunting for another lgt.,

this one was shot, turbo was replaced, worked okish, had a dry whine/squeal that ive never heard on any other tubros, first thing that threw my off the car was the power steering, if the car is parked, and u turn the wheel it would sqeal so loud, and chirp, and one sec id have the power steering, than id loose it, it would keep doing that when turning any direction, second, its smelled horrible inside, the interior was dirty, and had rust spots in the seats, strut bars or mounts were shot, i checked the oil, it was over filled by an 1.5inch on the dipstick, front brake were brand new, and they were weak like u had to really push hard for it to stop. it was way diff on the other lgt i tested, and most of all the tranny felt like it was slipping, when ud gas it hard, rpms would go car wouldnt lurch forward, and than itd leap and feel like it tires were loosing traction but it was the tranny, so i just got out of the car and left!

i was really disappointed,

the car was located in canton mass

northendmotors.com

my mechanic said this car was beat the hell out of. (he went wit me)

Archived