LegacyGT.com

Welding in a wideband bung

MasAyinde

I got a DP with no WBO2 bung welded in and I'm taking it in this weekend the have the bung welded. It has a divorced wastegate, so I'm wondering how far down from the turbo side flange I should get the bung welded in so that I can get the best readings from a wideband. I know there's too much turbulence if it's too close and there's a greater difference in response times if it's too far, but I also don't know if there's a difference in how far it should be based on bellmouth vs divorced.

• Moderators

technically it's on the turbine side, but the divider on an invidia only goes back so far and the gasses should be mixing right after the divider ends. My pipe was catted, so there's honestly only so much room to play with.

I seem to recall reading that you wanted it off to one side or the other for some reason, maybe to due with a bit of draft directly behind the divider.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Well my cat is at the midpipe flange so I have a decent amount of room to play with and my divider goes about 3" back down the neck of the DP. I assumed that you only wanted the turbine gas factoring into the WBO2 reading.

Have you noticed any problems with response times in the readings with it being that far?

Not really - comparing the WB02 to the factory O2 sensor on my logs do not show any significant lag (while cruising). The lag time (if any) is not really a factor IMO. When dialing in your high end AFR, most tuners (including me) set a stable AFR target above 4,000 RPM, so the delay is not an issue since there is not a lot of rapid AFR change. Lag time does come into play at spool up - but I have not noticed any issues.

I would put the bung in where the wastegate section and turbine part come together to ensure you are getting everything that comes through. they also suggest that the sensor not be put in from 3 - 9 o clock so so that moisture does not build up esp if it is pre cat or in a catless pipe.

Archived