LegacyGT.com

Just got my Cobb AP

Throttlejockey

So after searching and not finding the answers I was looking for.

Do you leave the OBD-II connecter plugged in or can you take it out once you install it?

Also is there a walk-through and tuning help for the V2 AP? I couldn't find anything with a search. The manual is useless.

Plug in the AP .... turn car ignition to on ... let AP recognize the car .... confirm it is correct .... load the proper map .... wait the 5-10 minutes or so it takes to fully reflash .... turn the ignition off.

You are pretty much prompted on everything as you go.

Piece of cake.

Let elaborate on what fonts wrote.

Plug the green diagnostic wires on the driver side under the mat

Plug the AP in

Put the ignition in ON position

Let the AP confirm and verify car make/model/transmission

Flash to the map you want, takes about 15 minutes

When done, turn the car off, unplug the AP and unplug the green diagnostic wires

No, nothing needs to be plugged in ever unless you want to or you want to keep an eye on some live data.

Let elaborate on what fonts wrote.

Plug the green diagnostic wires on the driver side under the mat

Plug the AP in

Put the ignition in ON position

Let the AP confirm and verify car make/model/transmission

Flash to the map you want, takes about 15 minutes

When done, turn the car off, unplug the AP and unplug the green diagnostic wires

No, nothing needs to be plugged in ever unless you want to or you want to keep an eye on some live data.

The green plugs are not needed for CANbus vehicles.

Plug in the AP .... turn car ignition to on ... let AP recognize the car .... confirm it is correct .... load the proper map .... wait the 5-10 minutes or so it takes to fully reflash .... turn the ignition off.

You are pretty much prompted on everything as you go.

Piece of cake.

Seriously .... it is that easy. Literally the most difficult thing with the install was plugging it into the OBD port the first time.

Thanks for the replies. My wife still has the car at work so I'm itching to play with it.

I understand how to install it, but I'm wondering about the other features (adjusting settings) and can I unplug the connector from the AP in the OBD port or does it need to stay in there?

can I unplug the connector from the AP in the OBD port or does it need to stay in there?

Once you flash a map, you can disconnect the AP from the OBDII port. It doesn't need to stay connected all the time

So, do I need to plug in the green wires or not?

The Cobb video says to but the manual doesn't.

The green plugs are not needed for CANbus vehicles.

But if you want to go right ahead.....:)

CANbus=07+ LGT's

Thanks again.

Just got done. Very easy to do. I used the 91 stage 1 map first then real time flashed the 93 and it felt even better.

One thing I did notice is it takes split second longer to start than before after I flashed the 93 map for good.

Thanks again.

Just got done. Very easy to do. I used the 91 stage 1 map first then real time flashed the 93 and it felt even better.

One thing I did notice is it takes split second longer to start than before after I flashed the 93 map for good.

After any flash of the basemap just let the gauges sweep before turning the key.

Archived