LegacyGT.com

Android Interface

angeltalin

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

http://stores.ebay.com/Grom-Audio-Digital-Interfaces/Bluetooth-Add-On-/_i.html?_fsub=2048834013&_sid=232607093&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Does look like it requires this for bluetooth. I think you would have to use phone to actually answer the call as well, doubt it reprograms the steering wheel controls.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

doesn't seem that bad still, especially for those that like our oem headunit look:wub:
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

SUBARU compatibility.

The GROM adapter for Subaru can have SAT (satellite) or CDC (CD changer) emulation. SAT emulation is applicable to the satellite compatible vehicles within USA only. For vehicles outside of USA please use CDC emulation.

The following car stereos are tested and supported : GX-806EF2, GX-201JE, GX-201LE, GX-201LH, GX-203JE, GX-204LE, P-206 UNB. If you don't see you stereo listed - please contact us. We also offer 30-days money back quaratee if the adapter is not compatible.

Double-DIN Non-Navigation radios that are equipped with an in dash six-disc CD Changer and Single-DIN radios are not compatible.

To my knowledge, there's just a tab underneath the button where the "SAT" is supposed to be. If you take the dash off, you should be able to break the tab and then wire something in under that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I ordered it after looking at a video on groms website showing the bluetooth functionality.

I will make a video of its functionality once I receive and install.

As far as using sat function to activate there is a cd option that you can choose that will work if you do not have sat button.

These will be from android prospective mainly, but I will test with my girlfriend's iphone as well.

• 3 weeks later...

any updates on how this works?

I'm picking up a 07+ stereo and was looking at doing this, but have 2 main questions:

1. Does the grom unit plug into the sat/ipod connector in the back of the stereo?

2. Assuming #1 is 'yes', that means I can hit 'sat' when I want bluetooth, and 'aux' when I want the hardwired oem aux-input? Or does one take away the functionality of the other?

Actually just installed yesterday along with reverse camera. Works pretty well via bluetooth. I have a glitch I have to sort out with the track number on the display flickering. Will post up complete review once I figure out issue. Have issue connecting via usb to my phone and playing music via the app, but via bluetooth works flawlessly.

You can change tracks with stereo and steering wheel controls via pandora and any other player you are using on your phone. Also when a call comes in you can answer/hangup via scan up/down on steering wheel controls.

Another cool feature I have noticed. When you turn car off phone will pause music when you get back in and phone autosyncs it plays right where it left off automatically.

Sorry missed your questions when responded was half asleep. I have stock nav unit. You can order either cd or sat input. I ordered sat, when u hit sat button it goes right to phone input. It is supposed to switch to sat when phone call comes in also (haven't tested yet). Its simple plug and play too, just unhook sat cable plug to grom harness then plug grom harness to sat input on back of stereo.

any updates on how this works?

I'm picking up a 07+ stereo and was looking at doing this, but have 2 main questions:

1. Does the grom unit plug into the sat/ipod connector in the back of the stereo?

2. Assuming #1 is 'yes', that means I can hit 'sat' when I want bluetooth, and 'aux' when I want the hardwired oem aux-input? Or does one take away the functionality of the other?

Answer to both is yes. Only thing it takes functionality from is sat input .

Looks like there is two options for bluetooth connectivity through Grom:

GROM-USB2P <-- seems to be the most popular and most expensive option at $140

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapters/subaru_usb_ipod_adapter_direct_digital_interface.html

GROM-AUX <-- significantly cheaper at $80

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/aux_adapters/subaru_05-09_aux-in_mp3_bluetooth_ipod_iphone_adapter.html

From what I can tell, the only real difference is the cheaper one does not have a USB in, which means you can't plug your phone and/or a memory stick in. However, you can still hook up their Bluetooth and iPod controls via their proprietary cables.

Am I reading that right? If the only thing I'm losing is hard-wiring capability for my phone, I'm going the cheaper route; I'll be using Bluetooth every time anyway. Yes, I understand this is a "android interface" thread, but it has turned into more of a "Grom Audio" thread...

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few questions before I order.. How is the audio quality of the Grom when streaming audio? How clear is it on both ends when you are making calls? And where did you guys mount the microphone?

I've been reading on other forums and people seem split on their opinions of the unit so I wanted the opinions of you guys first.

Archived