LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Moderators
8 kits have been paid for, 5 more available at the current price and then it will go up a bit to $90. Thanks to everyone for the orders so far, I'll get them out in the mail as soon as physically possible once I have the material in hand!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit late here, but curious as to the effectiveness of these. Has anyone reviewed this yet?

What kind of pressure can you reliably run through this? I like the idea of not having to spend another $700 for a decent TMIC to increase boost levels and get the most of a catless UP and hi flow DP

• Moderators
Bit late here, but curious as to the effectiveness of these. Has anyone reviewed this yet?

What kind of pressure can you reliably run through this? I like the idea of not having to spend another $700 for a decent TMIC to increase boost levels and get the most of a catless UP and hi flow DP

Without digging through multiple threads right at this moment, the short story is that several folks are running the kit at stage 2 levels or above with success.

I have heard of some users tracking their cars at 20+psi without issue. Personally, I've been running the kit at stage 2 power levels since April (just over 7500 miles).

I've yet to hear of a single failure. That certainly doesn't mean their hasn't been one, but if their has I haven't heard of it. Honestly though, when you see how the kit is installed I just don't see of a possible method of failure assuming everything is installed correctly.

• Moderators
Payment sent. I'll be the Stage 3 guinea pig. I have confidence in this design.

Received and noted in the list. Not sure you are the first person to run this kit with a non-stock turbo though.

That's what I'm interested in seeing, I want to see someone try to blow the ends off their TMIC with the kit installed.

See above. Maybe someone will chime in who is running this kit with a non-stock turbo.

• Moderators
I hope you have a $77 kit left on Friday. If so, I'm your Huckleberry!

Only one left at that price :)

Speaking of Friday, kits possibly shipping then? Or sometime this weekend? :D

Update from the shop is that things should be ready tomorrow afternoon. I hope to pick everything up then or Thursday.

I placed an order for corbin clamps with Fred Beans over a week ago now and have heard nothing--trying to call them now to find out what's up but one number is busy and the other wont connect at all :spin:

I'll start cutting / finalizing the kits ASAP and will ship without the corbin clamps if folks want them right away. I can supply the clamps as soon as they arrive to me.

• Moderators
Awesome! my OEM clamp is more blown out than the octomom.

BMB, what kind of S/S zip ties are these? I'm looking around at tools, and most of them indicate if they're for the kind with 'ears' and without... Never worked with these things before.

I'm without real Internet right now (just my phone) so will be brief. Will elaborate tomorrow with links, etc.

Regarding the clamps, they are for the bpv hose connection at the manifold. It is not likely that you currently have a clamp there. If you have another clamp that is fubar'ed I would say you need to address that. If you want help figuring out which clamp you need let me know.

The zip ties would be considered "non-eared" I believe. I recommend the lisle brand banding tool on amazon, or even better NAPA sells a CV banding tool that is really nice for this application. I'll try to post links tomorrow, should have interwebz back by midday.

• Moderators

Here's the tool that I provided with some of the first kits to go out:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-30950-Joint-Banding-Tool/dp/B0002SRCZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354731488&sr=8-1&keywords=lisle+banding+tool]Amazon.com: Lisle 30950 CV Joint Banding Tool: Automotive[/ame]

This is the tool that I really recommend after using both:

OTC Banding Tool