LegacyGT.com

Xxr 527

G3nX09

im looking to purchase some xxr 527 staggerd for my 06 legacy does any one know if 18x9.75 + 20 in the rear and 18x8.75 + 35 in the front. my question is will these fit on my car with just rolling my fender and camber?

Face palm.

Search offset/wheel size

Search Staggerd fitment

That offset is super low and you will rub even with an aggressive alignment.

Staggerd fitment on an AWD car? Please. I respect the fact that you want to do something different however you will destroy your cars drivetrain doing that. If you really like the look, buy a VW or Mustang.

Assuming you run the same size tire front and rear, I think the biggest problem you will have is the inability to easily rotate your tires. The fronts will wear before the rear...once the diameter (because of wear) changes enough you can potentially have drivetrain issues.

It looks nice.. but i really wanna go with the staggar look im tryin to find out as much as i can..the staggard look wouls b so aggressive.. sory for cor the horrible spelling as im on my mobile phone..it a POS half they keys dont work lol

Best idea IMO for stance is to keep the same size all around (because you will destroy your drivetrain staggering, it's AWD not just Front or Rear) and get a set of coilovers to adjust the height of the front and rear yourself
You gotta push your limits to learn your limits:cool:

Yeah, on an AWD car it's a bad idea to run a true staggered wheel setup (different wheel widths front and rear) because the different rolling diameters of the front and rear tires will put added stress on the drivetrain and center diff. Even if you run different widths but the same sized tire front and rear the width of the wheel can affect the actual rolling diameter and make it different enough that it could still cause issues. IMHO, the only staggering you can do safely on an AWD car would be to use the same wheel widths front and rear (and same tire size) but different offsets. Like with the XXR 527's you could run the 18x8.75's both front and rear but run the +35 in the front and +20 in the rear. As long as the tire sizes are the same you'll get the staggered look without the driveline problems.

Oh, and I doubt you'd be able to fit the 18x9.75" +20 on either axle without some custom work. From what i've seen, the 9.75" +20 barely fits on an outback with the added flare. On a stock fendered LGT the wheel itself would probably stick out past the fender. Not sure even some pulling could make up for that. You'd probably need some s402 fenders to make it work...

I want to try to fit 18x9.75" +20 527's both front and rear but am planning on some custom fender work since I like a bit meatier tire. But that's a LONG way down the road...

Agreed, now you just need better bikes!

So true! Where's the Kona Stinky!? Full Susp FTW! Oh and I think you would need an extra large industrial oven if you want to bake those headlights and clear/black them out! They are f-in huge!

-Urban Cowboy

Archived