LegacyGT.com

Need Some Advice on Tein S-Tech Springs

SirRiceAlot

Hello everyone, I'm a noobie for the most part when it comes to this stuff but I gotta ask questions to learn right :). I just picked up some Tein S-Techs for the leggy this past weekend for $120 brand new. I've done some research in regards to the S Techs and H Techs. At first I figured it wouldn't be that bad but now I am thinking some things over.

Pros -

Better handling, Ride height looks aggressive

Cons -

-The legacy is my first car and I avoid potholes always and I've already watched for the past 7 years of my life, my brother making his way around dips/speed bumps/backing out of driveways with his car (his is a 2 1/4" drop).

- The legacy is brand new, only 5k miles. The wear/tear on the shocks will be pretty much from daily driving as I don't race much (AutoX with AT ftl...sportmode? lol)

- The S techs have a rougher ride than the H techs. I don't mind the ride at all, I've dealt with my brothers car for so long it doesn't bother me much.

- The S techs drop the car 1.5", the H techs are 1.2". Some say they get 1.5" drop, some say they get 2"...and I don't want a really low ride height. I will be getting a zero sports front lip very soon and the last thing I want to do is destroy a 500 dollar lip from daily driving because my car is too low.

-Generally worried about rubbing etc. It shouldn't rub at all but I'm also buying new wheels/tires for the Legacy. I don't know how its gonna work out with the springs installed.

-I bought these off a member from the LGT forums. Reselling them and finding decent priced H techs would be awhile (Vendors have them priced in the $260+ range, thats 140 more from what I paid for the S techs).

All this is really just paranoia, but its a brand new car pretty much and the last thing I want to do is screw up something or regret putting them on.

Any advice on what I should do? stick with the S techs or ditch them and get the H techs? I'm on the fence with these. If any of you can enlighten me I would very much appreciate it.

H techs don't drop too much if you are lookin to go lower...... S techs are a pretty low ride, look good, but if you are putting them on stock struts they are gonna be shot in about a month. If you are going with the s techs def look into gettin some aftermarket struts to pair them with.

H techs don't drop too much if you are lookin to go lower...... S techs are a pretty low ride, look good, but if you are putting them on stock struts they are gonna be shot in about a month. If you are going with the s techs def look into gettin some aftermarket struts to pair them with.

i dont know about a month... I put my s techs in when i hit 1000miles 3 years ago. I havent had any problems since.

• 2 weeks later...

RCA definitely recommended! my ride on S-tech front only, rear stock and Bilstein B6 Sports front/rear.. 2 fingers btw fender arch and tire... clearance is good and ride not too harsh definitely ;)

542954798_sideview2.JPG.298bfd963fe92e76f39be21486b672cf.JPG

dont put the S - techs in. ive been running them since about 4,000 miles and i only put them in because i was given them for free. i now know why haha. ive heard cobb springs ride much nicer with a nice drop but i have no personal expierience. Im saving for C/O's at the moment, wish i did this from the start.

dont put the S - techs in. ive been running them since about 4,000 miles and i only put them in because i was given them for free. i now know why haha. ive heard cobb springs ride much nicer with a nice drop but i have no personal expierience. Im saving for C/O's at the moment, wish i did this from the start.

+1 I had S techs in my 08' for a few months now. Gonna save up for some coilovers or a Bilsten HD setup instead in the spring. Car looks nice, but I bottom out too easy, and i hear rubbing in the rear when i hit the curb at the bottom of my driveway. I also get rubbing if I reverse real quick so im guessing too much weight shifts up front. I dont think ill be able to put wider rims, and bigger tires with this setup either.

Archived