LegacyGT.com

Which springs lower the least?

telluride_tj

The iON's lower the car about an inch.

I might be mistaken but the obvious solution, although expensive, would be to buy a set of coilovers.

You get improved handling and completely ride-height adjustability...

Why not set them at maximum height and call it a day?

I might be mistaken but the obvious solution, although expensive, would be to buy a set of coilovers.

You get improved handling and completely ride-height adjustability...

Why not set them at maximum height and call it a day?

You're actually right on with that. You get 'struts' and springs that are usually pretty well matched to one another with the added advantage of ride height adjustability. The main downfall is price though.

The main downfall is price though.

and regular maintenance.

All I want is a stiffer ride on the stock struts that can last for 60K+ miles without any regular maintenance just like the stock suspension. The only way I see this being possible is with stiffer springs that maintain the stock ride height, right?

I keed I keeed

How long do you think the stock shocks would last with IONs?

Ion claims it to be 10-15%, depending on your conditions. Ie; If you have a lot of rough roads, then the life will shortened accordingly, whereas smooth highway conditions, will reduce it to a minimal amount.

H-Tech's slam the car, lower than mine (Swifts). Atleast on the cars I've installed them on they do.

H-techs... or S-techs? I have heard S-techs drop about 1.5" while the H-techs are only 1" drop....

The more I research..... the more confused I get.

i've been following all the forums about which springs do what, talked to a shop in my region (chicago area) they recommended Progess Sport Springs, $220, said they have good ride and drop frt. 1.25" rear 1.0", any one use these?, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

The other thing about strut longevity, is typical road conditions that you drive over/through (smooth asphalt compared to pot-hole ridden) and driving style. I would think that the previous (roads) would be harder on a lowered car with stock struts but I also presume that the later, especially if it involved constant, aggressive driving would also contribute to premature strut wearout.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Some have used 2 sets of upper spring seats to reduce the rear drop on the Ions to about 1/2". AFAIK, they've reported no problems.

They did this to alter the stance to something more aesthetically pleasing (avoid the appearance of sagging rear). I plan to do this when I install my Ions.

Archived