LegacyGT.com

ARG! Coil-overs in for two weeks and the car squeaks like an old sailing ship...

IanKen

Seriously, the creaks and squeaks that come from the front end is driving me batty. Add this in with the notorious driver side dash rattle and my car sounds like a ten year old civic that was used for pizza delivery. Handles nice...but not nice enough to put up with the racket.

Anyway, gonna pull em out this week so if anyone wants a decent deal on hardly used k-sport coild overs let me know.

The unfortunate consequence of most coilovers :(

unacceptable. The coilovers on my s4 were perfectly quiet. Still torn on what to pick for this car. ksports are not on the list. I think I want something without a solid pillow ball mount.

unacceptable. The coilovers on my s4 were perfectly quiet. Still torn on what to pick for this car. ksports are not on the list. I think I want something without a solid pillow ball mount.

What brand did you have for your S4? Almost every set of coilovers I've ridden on have had some level of noise that I would think most people would find unacceptable.

What brand did you have for your S4? Almost every set of coilovers I've ridden on have had some level of noise that I would think most people would find unacceptable.

stasis, installed by awe tuning. A slight noise after the initial install(right front). I had the owner ride with me and the problem was corrected. No problems over 3 years. I loved them. Though I actually think I could have gone stiffer.

I have no idea what to pick for this car(using IONs now). Too many ricer coilovers in candy colored flavors. People are too happy just to see the word coilover. Really wish I could test drive a couple first.

stasis, installed by awe tuning. A slight noise after the initial install(right front). I had the owner ride with me and the problem was corrected. No problems over 3 years. I loved them. Though I actually think I could have gone stiffer.

I have no idea what to pick for this car(using IONs now). Too many ricer coilovers in candy colored flavors. People are too happy just to see the word coilover. Really wish I could test drive a couple first.

aka ohlins ... http://www.ohlins.com/

i've contacted them to see if they have any plans to get into the legacy market.

imprezza parts don't fit do they ? http://www.ohlins.com/car_46hmrc.shtml

the real Ohlins have external resevoirs. The ones you see available for $2K are just selling on the name alone.

hmm.. so are the $2k ones made by another company and rebadged as ohlins? and, i'm just curious, where are the external reservoirs normally mounted on a car?

I didn't install them...I had them installed by http://www.smart-service.com/.

Well if it makes a lot of noise, perhaps you can talk to them to see if there is anything that can be changed with the install to quiet things down a bit. It's just strange because most people with those coilovers haven't had lots of noise that they complained about.

Archived