LegacyGT.com

LGT Transmission Switch

I have a 2005 Legacy GT with an automatic transmission in it, and am thinking I would prefer to have a manual. Wondering if this switch is possible (within a relatively reasonable price range), and/or if anyone here has any experience with this switch. Any help and info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

it will cost about 5 to 6 thousand dollars. its possible. it will require alot of effort, when for 4500 you can fully build up you auto tranny.

HAMMER DOWN is a user who has done it, as well as SHAYGT.

And IAMBOON is someone with a built auto tranny.

When you say "build up" what does that mean exactly? or is this a question for Hammer Down and SHAYGT....

I'd be curious to know what they've done to their automatics. Did they swap everything over to a DOG BOX or?

When you say "build up" what does that mean exactly? or is this a question for Hammer Down and SHAYGT....

I'd be curious to know what they've done to their automatics. Did they swap everything over to a DOG BOX or?

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/subaruauto.shtml

this is the company that does AUTO transmission build ups.

HAMMER DOWN and SHAYGT both have done AUTO to MANUAL CONVERSIONS.

IAMBOON has done the AUTOMATIC BUILDUP. which was done i believe by IPT(could be wrong on that one).

A buildup usually consists of taking parts that are prone to being damaged or deformed due to high engine horsepower and torque and changing them to parts that will deal with the higher attained power levels. same thing as if you take the engine we have and put in a crawford engine, a crawford engine will have the ability to take alot more abuse and alot more pounds of pressure from the/a turbo.

built autos are far more effective when the guy/girl driving it knows how control the revs, and the car around a track too. if your gunna go stage 3 or higher then upgrade ur tranny, otherwise you are good with your OEM tranny.

• 8 years later...
http://www.importperformancetrans.com/subaruauto.shtml

this is the company that does AUTO transmission build ups.

HAMMER DOWN and SHAYGT both have done AUTO to MANUAL CONVERSIONS.

IAMBOON has done the AUTOMATIC BUILDUP. which was done i believe by IPT(could be wrong on that one).

A buildup usually consists of taking parts that are prone to being damaged or deformed due to high engine horsepower and torque and changing them to parts that will deal with the higher attained power levels. same thing as if you take the engine we have and put in a crawford engine, a crawford engine will have the ability to take alot more abuse and alot more pounds of pressure from the/a turbo.

I know it's a old thread, but want to correct so misinformation. In the quote above in RED. I only done 5MT to 6MT swap.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived