LegacyGT.com

Post your accident photos!

Post your accident photos and the story behind them.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/losdiosdeverde86/IMG_0089.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/losdiosdeverde86/IMG_0088.jpg

I was pulling into a parking lot, guy SOMEHOW didn't see me and decked my LR wheel. Needed most of the LR suspension components replaced. Fully covered - didn't pay a dime, he got a citation for failure to yield.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's wild Schwing! And no body damage at all?

I've got one to post, but I'm away from home for a few days this week and the pictures are not of my Leggy (thank God!), but of my 1999 VW Passat. It went from a family sedan to a compact car in a heart beat. But it did it's job and I walked away from it all.

Maybe later this week when I get home. The damage is just nasty on that car.

This new car I'll be trying my hardest not to wreck.

Edited by ChasWG

It was a civic that hit me with the dead center of their front bumper. There was some body damage behind my rear bumper cover, but it all got fixed.

No need to replace the tire, I actually managed to drive it from the street into a parking space with the wheel bent in that far. I figured if Petter can finish a rally completely missing a wheel, I can drive 20 feet into a parking space with 30deg of superfluous camber.

• 1 month later...
i smashed the whole side of my LGT 2 winters ago. Slid down a hill right into the guardrail at like 20 mph. The imprint of the guardrail was dented down the whole right side of my car. I managed to not break my headlight or my taillight which was astonishing to me. I didnt go through insurance and it cost me 1800$ for a shitty fix. Im going to end up getting it redone sometime soon because the paint is all dull and blurry. It looks terrible, i took it back 4 times for them to fix it and they just made it worse so i gave up going back.

Does it have to be a Leggy? :D

One of my old F-bods... T-boned an old man because he decided that the best time to make an un-announced left hand turn was when I was heading right at him at 55mph.

His fault, his insurance paid me, no harm done. But I had to do one last burnout before having her trucked away :D

http://cousinlarry.com/upload/smokem.jpg

Does it even have to be a Subaru?

Drunk lady pulled in front of my Jeep on the highway.

The Jeep:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z89/GLi8v/Aftermath/S7300689.jpg

Her Benz:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z89/GLi8v/Aftermath/S7300697.jpg

• 3 years later...
an old lady who shouldnt be driving anymore was looking at the cross street traffic which wasnt moving and not at me - the oncoming traffic and she turned right in front of me with nowhere to go. BAM! "accidents happen" she says. 100% her fault. it only had 24,000k on it and i was actually actively looking at trading it in at the time. now it will be worth $500 - $1,000 less. even worse than all that they need to drop the engine and CVT to replace the frame rails -BUT- the frame rails are on national 'back order' until FEB.16th, then another week to ship it here, then they can actually start working on it..!!.!!...!. they are thinking late MARCH!!! and now i have to spend the whole "snowy" part of the winter with a P.O.S. Chrysler 200 front wheel drive. $30,000 and worse in every way. i appreciate and miss my Legacy MUCH more now.

274619256_2012H4limited-Copy.thumb.JPG.ab85f5837da99fec9973dd5da83cfeac.JPG

A.thumb.JPG.a626986e2f3f5ebc5f8a82c3037a7141.JPG

B.thumb.JPG.ee09fd8134ebfb54a7cb768de1d3bbda.JPG

C.thumb.JPG.76cbbe7a079e57ba360dc44b9522f3a7.JPG

D.thumb.JPG.bbf92ebd2639794950c28ae4c7a9be36.JPG

Ouch! Is that a wheel print on your front bumper?

If you think the value is really down $1k due to the accident, push for a diminished value claim - doesn't hurt to ask. Going to be an expensive repair for them if you need to be in a rental for two and a half months!

yes Dr., that is a wheel print from a '99 red VW beetle. the dealership doing the work offers the loner - i guess its more of a loaner than rental, i dont think they are charging my insurance co.. i do appreciate your advice on the "diminished value claim", i am seeing my agent tomorrow. i could go on and on how crappy the chrysler is.... only 2 stars out of 5 for the front driver safety rating for just as an example.

Are you going to need both headlights replaced? If so, not a bad time to consider going with the 2013+ design if you prefer that look (they cost the same, so the body shop shouldn't care)

Is it a new (2015) Chrysler 200? I had hoped they would be better than past years - haven't been stuck with one as a rental yet, but it's only a matter of time on travel... does the loaner you got at least have the V6 in it?