LegacyGT.com

My obdII code reader came in the mail today!!

The car's throwing the p0102 code and the p0351. (knock sensor?)

So I'm just wonder where the best place to get a knock sensor is.

Could my crappy suspension cause the knock sensor code?

I have no clue about the p0102 code. What should I do about it?

knock sensor has nothin to do with suspenion. i think. haha. its a sensor that bolts to the block. no idea what it does but it helps the car run better.

i got mine for 30 bucks shipping to my door at rockauto. it was a clearence idea though.

Hi,

That would be a no on the suspension causing a knock sensor code. The knock sensor is part of the engine managment system. It is not what its name implies either. It will not detect a rod knock for instance.

It detects minor vibrations caused by low fuel and advanced timing. It then sends a signal to the ECM telling it of these vibrations. The ECM checks signals from other sensors like the o2 sensors, temperature sensors,then adjusts the fuel mixture and timing as needed. Its really not that simple,but maybe you'll get the idea.

If the knock sensor is bad,you'll never get the CEL off. Easy fix,but watch for coolant loss. Some knock sensors are mounted into the engines water jacket and coolant will drain when the sensor is removed in this case.

On another note, what code reader did you buy and does it seem to be any good? Mine took a dump after 15 years,so I'm starting the search for a new one.

Best of luck.

Well I wanted to buy a better one but I could afford this one. Haha.

It's model # u381 on www.memoscan.cn

seems pretty good so far but I havnt had much time to play around with it.

Ill have to look into the knock sensor thing a bit more.

I've got that scanner from ebay. Best $50 or whatever I spent for it.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9435/img0072k.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6613/img0070h.jpg

Archived