LegacyGT.com

gutted DP CEL elimination Help

Dominyc123

I gutted the first cat only on my 08 specb. After about 30 or so miles of driving sure enough CEL and code 420 for cat efficiency.

Best bet imo is to get a tactrix cable or accessport. Not only will that resolve the cel, but also will allow you to tune for better performance.

I gutted the first cat only on my 08 specb. After about 30 or so miles of driving sure enough CEL and code 420 for cat efficiency.

You have no Up Pipe Cat. 2005-2006 will not get the CEL...i don't know what year OP has.

The second DP cat is not very restrictive, and is usually left to help eliminate the catless smell. You may leave 3-5 hp on the table but it's much more livable stink wise with the 2nd dp cat in tact.

Best bet imo is to get a tactrix cable or accessport. Not only will that resolve the cel, but also will allow you to tune for better performance.

:whore: For engine management

If you gut the second and third cat, get the car tuned for it. Even gutting the second cat changes the variables of your car a bit. Although if you were to get a protune you can get a lot more out of the car .

With these cars engine management is your best friend.

Just my 2 cents

Archived