LegacyGT.com

MRLancasters Legacy TS Conversion

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

subscribed. Here's my recent findings regards to JDM grille fitment

Wow! I did notice there was a difference in my previous thread I made, but damn. Didn't realise there was THAT Much of a difference. So the bottom lines up fine however? Now I'm curious, I would be willing to buy a hood from over there should I have to. (Going to get the car painted by the end of this anyway) But what I'm curious now is the headlights. Does anyone know if there is a difference? When it comes to the 3rd gens A-C Type VS D Type, they look the same but are completely different. If you want them to line up correctly, you have to get the whole front bumper and hood.

He's cool like that (lol). I've seen a USDM-spec trend in Japan.

Toyota, Honda and Mazda guys seem to do the same thing.

A whole scene 'loves' USDM bumpers, orange reflectors, US license plates.

The closer to USDM spec or 'ghetto-fabulous', the better.

Reminds me of how chrome tailights for many cars are advertized as 'Euro-look' (no clue how?) in the US and 'Lexus/Altezza-look' in Europe. With Lexus traditionally recognized as an exotic US brand (*cough* rebaged needless mark-up Toyota *cough*) hence the Altezza reference (Toyota Altezza was the JDM name for the 1st-gen Lexus IS as sold in Japan). I guess they sell better this way, sounding exotic on both sides of the pond for vastly different reasons.

He's cool like that (lol). I've seen a USDM-spec trend in Japan.

Toyota, Honda and Mazda guys seem to do the same thing.

A whole scene 'loves' USDM bumpers, orange reflectors, US license plates.

The closer to USDM spec or 'ghetto-fabulous', the better.

Reminds me of how chrome tailights for many cars are advertized as 'Euro-look' (no clue how?) in the US and 'Lexus/Altezza-look' in Europe. With Lexus traditionally recognized as an exotic US brand (*cough* rebaged needless mark-up Toyota *cough*) hence the Altezza reference (Toyota Altezza was the JDM name for the 1st-gen Lexus IS as sold in Japan). I guess they sell better this way, sounding exotic on both sides of the pond for vastly different reasons.

yeah it's not uncommon to see JDM change out with USDM stuff. we both like each others stuff and switch out. It's the whole the grass looks greener on the other side!

nah, it'll be Rev A-D conversion

Mind if I ask what you are going to be mixing? I'm in LOOVE with the D-type front end. It's what made me get mine. Had a third gen, and was looking for a daily, was looking into a 4th gen, then the D-type came out. And I was sold.