LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont do tire mount/balance/alignments. Dont have the tools.

But, if you need that done, I can assist. We use a "friendly" tire and wheel shop (SDTire) around the corner for tire/wheel and another shop (Milo Johnson) for alignments.

• 3 months later...

Any shops you guys can recommend anywhere near the south bay?? I need a timing belt service and an oil leak fixed pronto... Oil is dripping on the exhaust and stinkin' up my drive to work in the morning!

I'd love to go visit m sprank... but that's almost a 2 hour drive for me! Aren't there any quality shops in LA county??

There are plenty of shops in LA. None advertise here unfortunately. Some used to. But dont anymore.

Seeing how it was the misuse/abuse of my car (08 SpecB) by another LA shop that drove me over the edge and I opened Infamous Performance, I have difficulty recommending shops I only "hear" about rather than ones I have actually visited and know the owners/techs.

I am sure there is someone competent between you and I. Possibly someone else might have a positive personal experience.

But, I guarantee no one knows an LGT like we do. I have owned 4 of my own from 05-09.

Any shops you guys can recommend anywhere near the south bay?? I need a timing belt service and an oil leak fixed pronto... Oil is dripping on the exhaust and stinkin' up my drive to work in the morning!

I'd love to go visit m sprank... but that's almost a 2 hour drive for me! Aren't there any quality shops in LA county??

I'd take the drive and take it to Infamous. They know LGTs like no other.

If you are willing to break the bank go see the service manager Ross @ Glendale Subaru. Tell him Max in the crazy blue Legacy sent you. Tell him you need Andy to work on your car.

Honestly, I suggest you do what I did and get AAA 100mi towing. I just send it to IPT and get a ride to pick it up if I need to. If that sounds crazy to you its because the value/quality of work is there.

If it was just a service I'd say go to Glendale but since there is a leak and possibly other things you may not know about I think it would be worth having the service at IPT. They catch or can diagnose just about everything wrong or at least that has been my experience.

• 1 month later...
Recently I took Tom (kartboy) recommendation for Performance Tire on Miramar Rd next to Harbor Freight Tools. He told me Kartboy cars all go there as well as many other local high end rides. They took care my RS. I used to go for years Clarence Brown alignment in Kearny Mesa but they are farther for me than Performance.

Recently I took Tom (kartboy) recommendation for Performance Tire on Miramar Rd next to Harbor Freight Tools. He told me Kartboy cars all go there as well as many other local high end rides. They took care my RS. I used to go for years Clarence Brown alignment in Kearny Mesa but they are farther for me than Performance.

Nice! They are only a couple of blocks from work. I will check them out. Thanks!

I always used East County Alignments in El Cajon, right off Magnolia before the 67 ramp. They have a lot of traffic through the shop and they are the suspension and alignment shop for several race teams so they're not shy about dialing you in to your specs. And they're also a good resource if you need any other suspension work done as well.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Man, life has been kicking my ass. Supposed to take the car to IPT week before last. Then last week... Sick baby, physical therapy, occupational therapy, my physial therapy and yoga, refrigerator died, laptop died, car threw engine code, idrvslo lights broken, ups a fight, etc, etc, etc. I hope Mike understands. I have to find some way to get into the shop before 4/20-WSIR even if I have to tow it there for a sensor upgrade and go-over.

If you can stomach the drive no one does Subaru like WestEnd.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGC1IlRtoMw]West End Alignment - Alignment Interview with Darin Nishimura about Subaru alignments - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by LosAngelesLGT