LegacyGT.com

05 legacy 2.5i exhaust

I have a 05 legacy 2.5i and I'm sick of the stock exhaust, it sounds horrible. I know its not gonna have the infamous rumble cuz of the equal length header and not turboed. But the only ones that I've seem to find that make exhaust for a non-turbo legacy is invidia and magnaflow. A bit pricey, but I've been told that stock headers and catback exhaust will make it sound nice.

anyone figure out what sounds good?

I have a 05 legacy 2.5i and I'm sick of the stock exhaust, it sounds horrible. I know its not gonna have the infamous rumble cuz of the equal length header and not turboed. But the only ones that I've seem to find that make exhaust for a non-turbo legacy is invidia and magnaflow. A bit pricey, but I've been told that stock headers and catback exhaust will make it sound nice.

anyone figure out what sounds good?

Oh young padawan much you have to learn :lol:

While your version EJ253 is 5 ponies down on power vs the 06+ you do come stock with a "more" unequal exhaust manifold. Also you get the rumble with bolt ons and a pair of cans for cheap. :)

For you car all you need is a set of Borla or Borla Replica header, they bolt on in place of your stock manifold and directly to your stock cat. The catback isn't impossible but you will need to modify the flange on any aftermarket catback you buy to fit your stock cats.

So i would go headers and a set of cans first then deal with the Y pipe last should you desire more tone. You can't buy any LGT catback like the 06+ folks and bolt it on as the 05 2.5i retains the same exhaust layout as the 98-2004 Forester/Impreza/L/LGT. It can be made to fit however with some chop and re-weld ;)

• 5 weeks later...
I have some magnaflow cans on mine with resonator delete and it's sounds pretty decent. All I need is headers and I'll be good.

How does it sound I have the nameless and I'm thinking about doing the resonator deleta as well or else a high flow cat if I do the resonator delete I'm afraid it will be to overkill and sound like shit

Since I have an 05 my car has "slight" uel headers stock. There's very light rumble, not much but enough for it to not sound like a honda, which yours will sound like. It's slightly raspy, but not much and not enough to bother me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes that is the header I bought one and it worked well and I even converted it to run on my 08! SpeedRacer is a long time vendor of that header:)

Archived