LegacyGT.com

Anyone ever done this?

ERLoft

Went to install my rebuilt Bilsteins today and found this...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/ERLoft/20131214_101128_zps680e0ff8.jpg

Rear sway bar passenger side mounting bracket sheared clean in half. No bueno. Fortunately it's only an $11 part. Unfortunately, it's special order, so no RSB until next weekend... Part # is 20426F if anyone ever searches for this info...

On a side note - seems that the ball joint on the tie rod end on the passenger side was damaged - lots of grease about and such. Think this would cause quite a bit of noise when making sharper turns at low speeds such as parking lots etc? On a positive note, I already had the Whiteline KCA313 Bump Steer kit going in today, so if that was a problem shouldn't be anymore...

Side note two - sadly, my shop press couldn't accommodate the LCA, so my car's staying on jackstands until Monday when I take the LCA's and new bushings to the shop to have them pressed out/in...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is what mine looked like after backing my muffler into a high curb.

Was able to bend it back and added AVO RSB Mount for reinforcement, you should look into this...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Hangerr/K800i/DSC01283.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Hangerr/K800i/DSC01284.jpg

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Not the same bracket - the one in your pictures is the one that mounts the RSB to the frame. Mine is the one that mounts the endlink to the trailing arm. I actually have the Perrin Stout Mounts for the spot you have pictured.

Got my car aligned and back on the road yesterday - it's a night and day difference between the stock LGT struts and my newly rebuilt and revalved Bilsteins. Add in all new bushes, plus new ball joints and tie rod ends and the car feels brand new. No more weird noises from the front. Feel is firmer but far less harsh going over cracks and bumps. Probably due to the bushes, I feel more of the road and the steering is a bit lighter. All in all, very happy now - just need to do the RSB and rear diff bushings this weekend and I'll be set...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived