LegacyGT.com

Extending Warranty

• 4 weeks later...
I am in Alberta Canada and my dealership quoted me $1864 + tax for 6yr 120000km Bumper to Bumper w/ $0 deductible, or $1298 + tax for 5yr 100000km Bumper to Bumper $0 deductible. I am on the fence about purchasing it, currently have 55,000km on it and have had no issues what so ever with the car anywhere. WOULD YOU GUYS BUY IT?

I am in Alberta Canada and my dealership quoted me $1864 + tax for 6yr 120000km Bumper to Bumper w/ $0 deductible, or $1298 + tax for 5yr 100000km Bumper to Bumper $0 deductible. I am on the fence about purchasing it, currently have 55,000km on it and have had no issues what so ever with the car anywhere. WOULD YOU GUYS BUY IT?

LOL!!! seesaw is going back and forth on this.

i'm considering this also as my original 3yr is going to run out in july.

I'm planning on going stage 2, upgrading the suspension, etc.

is it even worth purchasing an extended warranty or does subaru just void it as soon as i begin modding my car?

Did you guys check out the deal on extended warranties on ebay? Sounds like a scam I know, but I called and talked to Don today, and they are legit. Check it out. Go to ebay and type in subaru warranty. The prices are ridiculous.

Yeah good luck getting a claim paid. I picked mine up at the dealership when my car was brand new and it was not exactly hastle free to get work done granted its a blown block and turbo.

I would be leary of using a company that is not a well known mainstream insurance company.

I used complete care for anyone wondering and from what the service manager told me its a $5k claim but thats not verified as of yet.

I'm currently on the fence as well. At 15k miles my radiator had a 50% blockage, and took out the AC as well. 2k in parts covered under warranty. sitting now just under 30k as its in storage while I'm in Iraq. I keep asking myself if its worth it. I'd prefer to mod with the money instead.

The only reason i took mine was because i knew i would rack up miles and be over my warranty before it was paid off. Mine has paid for itself a few times over. My bill as of right now is in the $5k range i will see how much when i get it back.

Archived