LegacyGT.com

Goodyear F1 AS vs Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

Vatir

I have a 05 Legacy GT with stock wheels and I am debating between the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position and the Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season. Since the F1s are so new I have been having trouble finding anything beyond the demo Goodyear put on for them as info. The is a small chance I will auto-x them as I used to but its not terribly likely. The price difference is fairly unimportant between these too as well.

I need to make this decision today or tomorrow so any help I can get would be wonderful.

I'm sure both are great tires, so it probably doesn't matter a whole lot. The Potenza's are a little more proven, but I say give the Eagles a try so you can be the first to review them for your brethren here!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I decided to go with the 960's, thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

Excellent choice I have them on my 2004 WRX and really like them.

But really I was hoping you'd buy the Goodyears and report back. I plan on replacing with the RE960's(likely) or Goodyears if good early winter as our RE92a's are nearly worn out (for me) at 35k on our LGT.

Yea, I was very tempted to go with them but I can't afford to end up with a bum set of tires. Tire Racks report from Goodyear's demo also leads me to believe they are at most a tiny bit better than the 960's. Which in my mind makes the future for them somewhere between about the same or worse than the 960's with the possibility being they will be fundamentally flawed in a way they do not show when new.

On the other hand being able to say there is more carbon fiber in my tires than in your fake dash to someone would make my day.

Archived