LegacyGT.com

08 Head Unit in my 05 OBXT

Skidude

For anybody wanting an OEM solution to the aux-in problem, I highly recommend finding a used headunit from a 2007-2009 car and installing that. It's a direct replacement, and if you've ever soldered before then adding an aux input is a 10 minute job while you have the car apart. Use a paper clip to get the pins out of the i85 connector.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but there are already pictures of this swap around. I just wanted to say I did it, and it was actually a lot easier than I expected.

I used these wires:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B01AHS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01]Amazon.com: PAC IS335 3.5 Audio Input: Car Electronics[/ame]

This way I can unplug the head unit and console from the car pretty much like factory. I cut off the RCA connectors and soldered those to the i85 connector, then ran the panel-mount plug to the center console.

I did accidently crush my wire at one point in my install, so I spent about an hour hunting that problem down and fixing it, but if you're smart you won't do that and the whole swap will cost you $200 and take an hour.

Yes we are all aware of this swap and mod. It has been covered 999999999999999999999999999 times. Also you might want to do a google search or even on here for SVXdc he has a plug and play i85 connector so that way you can keep it OEM wired.

Wow, no need to be a douche. I know it's covered, that's why I didn't post instructions, just more of a nod to the info I was able to find already on this forum. I guess I'll go back to my other boards where the jerks are at least funny.

The latest info I saw on SVXdc's connector was that he couldn't get the boards anymore, but I know my way around a soldering iron so I didn't have much use for that.

better from me than from 30 other members and maybe a few who would have deleted this just for the fact that on here SEARCH is king. Yea I heard that too about SVX today. Sux because when I got my 08 radio it came with the connector and it makes everything so smooth for plug and play. anyway congrats on the new stereo. Way better stereo than our 05's PLUS hold down the audio button for SRS surround. So perfect IMO.

Thanks. I saw that SRS thing yesterday and tried it; what a difference! I'm still not sure it's better, but it is certainly different. Now to figure out what the "text" button does and I'll be all set.

TXT button is for SAT and MP3 CD's so if you threw a few music tracks on a cd and burned them as a non audio cd the name of that song shows up. Only shitty thing is that it doesn't scroll the name it just shows you about 15 words or so.

Ah, cool, thanks. I wondered if I could name radio stations or anything, but I couldn't find any simple button-pressed that brought up any menus. I don't have satellite, but I'll be using MP3 CDs eventually so that will be nice.

Archived