LegacyGT.com

Brake Suggestion setup

rao741

I am in the market to redo my brake setup, stocks have been on for about 40K and I am going to upgrade my 3.0R and I am looking for some suggestions.

I do want to keep the pricing some what cost effective, I do not want to cheap out either. let me know who can help!!:)

Fred Beans or one of the vendors in the vendor forum.

Most have pricing there.

This is pretty easy....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

thnaks for some help, SS Brake lines really make that much of a difference?

the hawk hps pads and the stock rotors will brake harder then the tires can handle

The ss brake lines just give you a better brake feel, wont make it stop anyfaster

Last weekend I got my brakes done along with a timing belt service.

I got EBC 3gd sport rotors (slotted & dimpled) Hawk HPS pads and technafit SS brake lines.

I was very concerned at first with the noise (the wind whirring through the slots) but it got way better after the first couple days.

The pedal feel is better, my pedal doesnt get mushy under pressure. The slots are supposed to help with moisture as well as heat dissapation (rains a lot where I live). I am pleased so far... the ebc rotors were not crazy expensive compared to the centric rotors and they look badass. Def +10hp from looks :lol:

Archived