LegacyGT.com

Cobb SF Intake and Box

Most of you know I'm a big Cobb junkie.. Since Cobb is starting to eliminate a lot of their hard parts from production, I had to get the air intake before it wasn't produced anymore.. I love the fit and finish, the way it's integrated to the stock air feed from the radiator support.. It works well with the Cobb radiator shroud, which is designed to force air into the air feed directly into the air box.

We also put on an Invidia catted downpipe, I tuned it with the downpipe a few weeks ago, but had some buggy issues with the software.. So take two is coming soon.

Now, I need to find time to tune it. :confused:

http://efilogics.com/customer/2%20-%20EFI%20Cars%20and%20Motorsports/EFI%20Street%20cars/08%20SpecB/leggy_intake1.jpg

http://efilogics.com/customer/2%20-%20EFI%20Cars%20and%20Motorsports/EFI%20Street%20cars/08%20SpecB/leggy_intake2.jpg

http://efilogics.com/customer/2%20-%20EFI%20Cars%20and%20Motorsports/EFI%20Street%20cars/08%20SpecB/leggy_dyno_stage1_5.jpg

I have it in my car, its loud as you'd expect for an intake of that design, no more, no less.

Is it much louder than a stock airbox with/without the silencer removed? Is it substantially quieter than any of the intakes without a box?

Is it much louder than a stock airbox with/without the silencer removed? Is it substantially quieter than any of the intakes without a box?

It's way louder than the stock box without a silencer. You can clearly hear the turbo spool and the bov/bpv, but i cant see how anyone could think of it as obnoxious. I love driving my car so much more now that i can hear the intake noises.

It's way louder than the stock box without a silencer. You can clearly hear the turbo spool and the bov/bpv, but i cant see how anyone could think of it as obnoxious. I love driving my car so much more now that i can hear the intake noises.

Exactly.. The air intake noise is much more noticeable.. But it's not annoying, nor does it overwhelm the sound of the engine.. It's a true "Fresh Air" intake system that protects the filter from engine heat and the outside elements.

got it installed today. kind of a PITA without instructions but it wasnt too bad. had the whole thing put together only to take it apart again because the box goes on first. def isnt that loud. at least to me. i was expecting a drone/grumble sound like i did from my maxima/honda but instead i heard this beautiful turbo sucking(literally) sound. just have to log my new tune and make sure everything is good and i need to buy a filter cleaning kit since it was used. the K&N cleaning kit is ok to use correct?

Archived