LegacyGT.com

Radio Reception HORRIBLE!

Anyone else have the worst radio reception ever? This is, by far, the worst reception of any car I've ever ridden in or driven...for people in MA, for example, living in Worcester, I get NONE of the Boston radio stations clearly, and most of them are just pure static...any ideas? This electrical? So much for the in-laid antenna...:mad:
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

I have had bad reception in my LGT also. Sometimes its bad, other times is great. I blame it on the Subaru techs that have last worked on my car... by me at least they are horrible.

No tint on any of the windows (poor grad school student currently accepting donations...). Is it something the {{gulp}} dealer could fix?
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

Might be worth the 10 minute job to pull the radio and check the connection on the back. The antenna connector may simply be unconnected or loose.

If unhappy, return to the dealer. Sit in a new car on the lot and compare your reception. If you notice a difference, demonstrate it to the service manager and let the service techs figure it out. Just make sure you can demonstrate an issue or you'll likely get an 'unable to reproduce' or 'works as intended' on the work order.

Same here. The only AM I listen to is NPR, which is more or less all static until I'm within a few miles of the tower.

FM is mediocre.

My FM reception is ok My AM reception is sad. But I do have tint

• 4 years later...

anybody find a fix for this? It has had bad reception on the stock and aftermarket HU. I have two cars and the sentra(solid antenna and aftermarket pio HU) has great reception in my area(from 20 miles north of charlotte to 5 miles south) but the LGT can't pick up 2 of the same six stations at all, and 1 more just barely. Only one is a non local(boone area). It's not a huge deal as I main steam pandora over BT, but it would still be nice to not have to connect and start pandora on a 5 min drive back and forth at lunch.(Yes I know I'm nit picky, so bite me. lol)

Also, my tint did not change the reception issues. It was apparent before and after the tint.

I've only owned my '09 for a few weeks now and until today, I had only noticed a little static here and there. I live in Dallas and the for the past few weeks there hasn't been much cloud coverage at all. This morning, it was extemely cloudy and I couldn't get a single one of my preset stations to come in clear enough to actually understand. I had to hook up my phone and play internet radio. I'd love to hear if anyone else in this area has the same problem or if I need to look further into a loose connection.

I get terrible radio reception when using my rear defroster or when I'm charging something with the cigarette outlet or whatever you call it. Reception is pretty good otherwise if I'm not doing one of the other two things mentioned.

• 2 months later...

Check that your antenna amplifier is getting 12v when radio is on at the amplifier.

If not might be a broken wire in the flexible conduit between the hatch and roof, that is where my problem was. Had poor FM and no AM, until I fixed the power wire.

cheers.

Archived