LegacyGT.com

Not a fan of my new clutch

subiebeast22

I recently got my 2006 spec b back. I have the competition clutch stage 2 with lwfw. I've put roughly 1000 miles on it (a lot of highway). There is a lot of shudder with it. I expected some but it to the point I don't want to drive the car. I have a couple questions. First, how many miles should be put on the clutch for a good break in. Second. I know I can't use the oem dmfw with this clutch, can I reuse my oem dmfw and pressure plate with the competion clutch disc?

Thanks in advance!

After you start the car, put the tranny in neutral, side step the clutch pedal, letting it slam to the top.

That's how I got my Spec 2+ clutch to stop doing that when it was damp out. It normally happened after a couple of miles of driving on back roads when the weather was damp.

Does yours do it all the time ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes it does do it all the time. But I did a little more searching on here. I don't have the link but there was another thread on here about spec clutches that you were discussing with a new member. I tried out what you guys had said about revving up to 1700-2000 rpm range and that seems to be helping a lot. Except for driving on back roads or a lot of stop and go. So I'll try that side stepping. I'm hoping after a few thousand more miles it will feel more like the oe clutch.

Have you tried some high rpm shift's from 1st to 2nd gear and getting back hard on the gas in 2nd ?

I seem to recall the Spec 2+ liked to be abused from time to time. If I babied the car to much the clutch would complain. A nice short burnout would help things too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived