LegacyGT.com

Cable trans to hydraulic trans swap

So I have a 98 LGT with a bad transmission. (Hydraulic type) Went to the junk yard found a (cable style) Legacy (94 I think )transmission with the right gear ratio 4.11s. Installed it with the original fork form my LGT, but the slave cylinder is not tight against the fork. Any ideas?.. What am I missing? Please help:confused:

the good news , the trans should work.

bad news, you have to pull it to correct it. (or maybe the engine.)

there is a different pivot point in the trans bell housing for the clutch fork. the casting is / should be already in the housing, but you probably will have to drill? and tap the bolt hole. once you move the clutch fork pivot point you should be good to go.

There are two holes that the pivot can go into. My original trans had it in the upper. The cable trans that it in the lower. I moved to the upper pivot to match my original and now there is slop between the fork and my slave cylinder.

• I Donated
there is a different pivot point in the trans bell housing for the clutch fork. the casting is / should be already in the housing, but you probably will have to drill? and tap the bolt hole. once you move the clutch fork pivot point you should be good to go.

I did not have to drill / tap the hole on the last swap I did. All it took was using a 22mm socket to take off the pivot ball and then it threaded right into the other spot.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

No problems with the transmission just shotty pressure plate thanks Sachs... For the headache... So after closer review it was pressure plate. After bolting it to the flywheel the little fingers where to flat. Back to the part store matched to another and wam bam Thank you ma'am. Now I have found that I have a bad head gasket.

Archived