LegacyGT.com

Potentiometer Pics?

Sublove

Hey all - I have an 06 legacy with single disc player and manual climate controls. While doing the Jazzy Aux in install I must have jarred the player hard enough to misalign the laser. Now when I put a disc in the CD player it accepts it, starts spinning it, never gets it to full speed, doesn't recognize the disc/tracks, and spits the cd out. I'm pretty sure the CD player is toast, but there is some hope; I believe the problem is with the potentiometer... Going to try this: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/24/45212/6874 has anyone had a similar problem and tried realigning the potentionmeter? Also wondering if someone has a pic of the potentiometer so I know what I'm looking for when I go to align it.... Also may be in the market for a new disc player if someone has a lead on one.

I've had to realign a Playstation 2 years and years ago. It wouldn't read discs and would eject them. Alignment on them was lots of test and adjust, finding a happy place where cd's, regular game discs, and blue backed game discs all worked. The alignment wheel was flat-plastic with a flat-head slot in the top on it. Might be easier to just buy a new headunit that has an aux-in than deal with it.

Thanks cseagle - I was figuring on needing a new disc player but afraid after shipping and instalation it may result in the same thing. I live in remote AK so shipping can be brutal to packages and take quite some time which is why I thout I'd start trying to fix what I've got. I'd love to switch over to a headunit that already has an aux in but didn't think that was an option.... Are there compatible head units with aux in for an '06 single disc legacy?

Any single-din or double-din sized headunit will fit. You just need the radio bezel for whichever one you want to get. If you order from somewhere like crutchfield.com they provide the bezel and wiring harness for free. And instructions. It's pretty easy to do the swap. I put a single-din with a flip-out 7" screen in mine, but I've been considering going to a double din 7" android based one soon.

Anywho, If you want more factory-style I believe (and you may want to do some research on this to be sure) 2008 & 2009 factory headunits had aux-in ports remote located in the center console. At least my '09 did, I believe '08 should be the same. I'm sure you could piece together all the parts if you wanted it to still look factory. But, usually aftermarket is cheaper and sounds better and could be easier to install and have it instantly work, than retrofitting a newer legacy model radio in there.

Any single-din or double-din sized headunit will fit. You just need the radio bezel for whichever one you want to get. If you order from somewhere like crutchfield.com they provide the bezel and wiring harness for free. And instructions. It's pretty easy to do the swap. I put a single-din with a flip-out 7" screen in mine, but I've been considering going to a double din 7" android based one soon.

QUOTE]

For Sale: Jazzy Engineering Aux In pro kit....:spin: Was always led to believe from every stereo shop I've asked to install an Aux in line that I couldn't do this.

Archived