LegacyGT.com

$500 to spend at dealer...

So, I have 500 subaru loyalty bucks to spend at the dealer. Im under bumper to bumper til 2014 and have no major service coming up, what should i spend it on.

Im thinking:

STI pedal set

Strut Tower Brace

Short shift kit (might go aftermarket on this one)

STI shift bushings

Trans mount (is this worth it?)

Pinks (although im confused as they arent in the catalog...)

Thoughts?

im almost inspired by the list of responsible answers, initially i wanted to sweeten the ride but you guys are swaying me more towards maintenance or service.

but does anyone know if the dealer sells pinks for my car?

don't mean to go off topic from your o.p., but you can't have a remote start installed on you manual trans car? Against the law in NY?

i was under the impression it wasnt available for the manuals

Thats a myth, although I do know some states it's illegal to have them on manual trans cars. Technically, it's illegal to not be in your car while it's running in the state of Alaska, buuuuuut at -40 degrees, the police don't really enforce that one too much.

Check out compustar and viper if your interested in autostarts/alarms. Like my compustar, however they can be temperamental occasionally.

I know for a fact that its possible to install a remote start in a manual trans car but if Im not mistaken, you have to ground out the clutch. I had a buddy who had one in his STi and a friend borrowed it and almost drove it through the front of a store because he left it in gear when he parked it and hit the remote start while walking out of the store and it started to chug its way across the parking lot inch by inch. Something to think about. As far as what to spend your cash on, I would sweeten the ride... But thats just me.
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

I know for a fact that its possible to install a remote start in a manual trans car but if Im not mistaken, you have to ground out the clutch. I had a buddy who had one in his STi and a friend borrowed it and almost drove it through the front of a store because he left it in gear when he parked it and hit the remote start while walking out of the store and it started to chug its way across the parking lot inch by inch. Something to think about. As far as what to spend your cash on, I would sweeten the ride... But thats just me.

Ground out to the e-brake. If the e-brake switch is powered (dummy light is on) it will set the autostart when you park. If you don't set the e-brake, autostart won't work. Still have to be careful about leaving it in gear and setting the brake, as it will do exactly what you said!

i have the rubber mats, and roof racks would be great, but are the subie branded racks any good? im used to thule which i have on my jeep

A little late to the party, but the Subaru racks are yakimas that get the subie logo. The two have a partnership that they co-brand gear for subies.

I would PM fred beans about using subaru loyalty bucks on upgrades. I'm pretty sure they will.

It's cool; I'm with the band

SPT Lower front chassis Brace

Underseat subwoofer

Pop-its?

FBP will take those subarubucks and you might have more choice of what you can get than the local dealer.

For the STS, TiC has a group buy going on over a NASIOC right now. This has the potential to be an awesome deal:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2147276

It's already a better deal than the subaru sts with six folks in...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Ok, I am reviving this tread because i took the advice to look at Fred Beans to spend my $500. Right now I have the following items on my shopping list. Lets hear what you think or if anyone can do better on FBP for ~$500, post up your list.

Kartboy Short Shifter

Cobb Shift Knob

Kartboy Rear Shift Bushing

Group N Tranny mount

Group N Crossmember Bushings

Whiteline 20mm adj Rear Sway Bar

Total: $496

Endlinks maybe not right away with just a 20mm bar, but I think that the brackets are a must. When you crawl under the car to take off your stock RSB and mount the new one, you'll see how flimsy the stock mount is. Its really up to you though, some people (myself included) say its a must, others say its not important. In the long run, its your decision.
It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived