LegacyGT.com

PIKE'S DRIVE on the 21st of May 2005

Dom96

Pikes Drive on the 21st! Okay, so I think from a seperate thread there are enough peeps interested. Weather permitting, we'll rally at 10:30 a.m. I'll work on on meeting place over the next couple of days. Then, we can drive up to the Peak, and fulfill all of our cars' dreams. (every Subaru is born dreaming of Pike's Peak.) We can lunch it up and I am sure take some rediculous photos.

Reply to this thread and I will add you to the list. Like I said, I will work on a good rally point so our Denver bretheren can hook up with us southerners. If you are on the fence... just do it. You only live once.

Depending on interest, the wife and I might host some Texas Hold'em afterwards. Beers, Burgers, Poker... ohh my!

List:

Dom96

Timbuktu

Suicideking

2Simpletons

P.S. We have a set of chips but they aren't Bling Bling like yours. Bring em along!

bump

Will definately be there as well. I probably won't be able to stick around for the post-ride affair (got a hot date with my wife that night).

Dunno if anyone cares or not, but I'll be sure to bring my Digital SLR camera and ridiculously expensive set of lenses for the occasion. Might be able to take some pictures worth framing.

Dunno if anyone cares or not, but I'll be sure to bring my Digital SLR camera and ridiculously expensive set of lenses for the occasion. Might be able to take some pictures worth framing.

Schweeeeeet.

Alright the rest of you... I know we have more folks in the area that keep saying they REALLY want to get together... so RSVP!!!! You will kick yourself afterwards if you don't.

How about 1030 at the Cave of the Winds Parking lot?

For those unfamiliar with the area, take I-25 to Highway 24 West. Follow Highway 24 until you see the Cave of the Winds entrance on your right. (about 5 miles I think) If you hit Woodland Park, you have gone too far. Call me at 719-510-3181 if you have any problems. :rolleyes:

Any issues with this plan, let me know!

C

man i would love to go but i have tickets to the ama motorcycle races (my first:D ) for sunday because i am in a golf tournament saturday. damn this would have been perfect -the wife n kids are going outta town on friday :( . if i make it down to ppir early enough i might be able to hang out for a bit - i will be on the bike if weather permits. keep me informed

man i would love to go but i have tickets to the ama motorcycle races (my first:D ) for sunday because i am in a golf tournament saturday. damn this would have been perfect -the wife n kids are going outta town on friday :( . if i make it down to ppir early enough i might be able to hang out for a bit - i will be on the bike if weather permits. keep me informed

In the infamous words of Starsky... DO IT!!!!

Holy Smokes that was fun. I think we scared the bejesus out of a lot of folks on that trip, but we climbed Pikes in true Subie fashion. For those that haven't done it... DO IT *starsky voice* :lol:

Suicide King took hella pics and I expect he will be posting them here when he gets the chance.

Yeah...the grand total came out to 312 pics, most of which are ending up in the electronic round file. Dirty windshield + direct sunlight = poor pictures.

Got a couple of decent videos, but the ONE video I took of us on the straightaway before the reservoir....well, I flubbed that one. The rest of 'em have a rather-loud Nine Inch Nails soundtrack in the background....

Anyway, I'm gonna start a seperate thread for the pics, if that's cool. :D We don't get too many threads in this particular forum.

Archived