LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have a good 100k+ before you start having serious problems!

Mine is starting to leak oil wicked bad from the valve cover gasket on the driver's side. When it's running I can watch it drip, drip, drip, drip. At least that's a wicked easy fix on the ej22!

98 Subaru Legacy L, 2.2 liter, 5 speed, 15" Outback alloy wheels, bought new November, 1997, 92,800 miles, carefully maintained, runs like new, recent UOA showed all readings better than average.

We now use the car for touring almost exclusively. Rides comfortably, great luggage capacity, excellent fuel efficiency (31-35 highway mpg), terrific handling in all conditions.

I liked the car the day I picked it up and my admiration has grown ever since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just picked up a 97 L a couple months ago 127,000mi w/5spd for 3 grand, I think I got a pretty good deal, considering the car is really clean. I have not driven it much, but I did put a pipe on it so it sounds trick with the H4. I'm really going to love this thing in the winter! Is the AWD always active on our cars? or does it only kick in when the front wheels lose traction? All I need to do is figure out what's wrong with the cruise control and this thing will be 100%! Btw, nice rides everybody I hope I can get many trouble free miles out of my Legacy as well.

Wow! Almost half a million! That's crazy! I have 171,+++. Head gaskets done 4,000 ago.

The Head gaskets like to go around that mileage I guess, mine went on my 96 LGT at 166K.

You might remember my post

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/driving-freeway-car-shut-off-noise-like-belt-spinning-w-smell-cel-132973.html?t=132973&highlight=soloalex

Well got the HG fixed finally, for $1,800 and now has 167k and running smooth.

I couldn't get rid of the car, the exterior and interior are in excellent condition, no tears on the seats and even the foam is still firm.

I had to go with what I had available. The motor I just pulled out had 80k and the transmission was rebuilt 10k miles ago, but my brother hit a deer a while back and cracked the block that got worse and worse until i lost all compression, and when my cousin and I were swapping the motor, the torque converter came out and wont go back in. So we are doing a manual swap and unfortunately my parts car had more miles then my DD.