LegacyGT.com

Seafoam

Or get the new aersol cans, slip the straw in the intake manifold (right in front of the throttle body), have some rev the engine while squeezing all the way down on the trigger. No danger of hydrolocking, and it is extremely simple to do.

If you have a short ram intake with the nipples for the crank vents you can spray it in yourself through there and manually throttle the motor, plus you can see between the cowl and hood and look through the windshield and see the white smoke come out.

you can do it that way with the aerosol canned seafoam, that's the easiest way for it to be done by yourself.

You might want to replace the PCV valve too if it's all gunked up with oil blowby. It was only $3 at pepboys. You may want to clean/replace the vacuum line that goes from the crankcase vent to the PCV valve also. Mine was ok, but full of oil that that started to form a crust throughout the line. Kinda like how plaque begins to form in your arteries.

You might have done this already too but while you're at it you should switch out your PCV valve, I got one for $3 at Advance, just wrap it with some teflon tape and you're good to go, takes just a minute or two.

nice, if you have the time and don't feel like going to the auto parts shop, you can test if your pcv valve needs replacing by taking it off and shaking it/looking inside it. If it still rattles you're probably fine, but if the rattle is soft and its gunky in there you should swap it out.

Here's an idea. Get a single outlet washer fluid bottle. Tap the intake runners and install little hose fittings. Plumb the tank to the fittings and fill with Seafoam. Easy way to foam the engine and you've got a spy car smoke screen.

I may do this just for the hell of it.

Archived