LegacyGT.com

problem with marker lights staying on

It's funny how many owners don't even know the basic controls on their vehicles. One of the guys at my dealership was telling me how many people call in because they can't shut the marker lights off.

+1 What is that for anyway?

My guess is it mimics a feature most European cars have. On most European cars (euro spec) you can leave the blinker stalk flipped to one side, and it will leave the markers on that side on. It's so people can see your vehicle parked on a dark, narrow street at night. That's my best guess for the Subaru ones also.

Whenever I have my car cleaned at a car wash, the guy who does the insides of the windows and the dash (etc) hits the switch and turns those lights on. And I always have to remember the stuff discussed here. Aarrgh! HPH

it's the battery kill switch in case your battery has too much juice in it you can drain it :lol:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

+1 What is that for anyway?

It's a legal requirement in some countries/states that the position lights shall be able to be turned on with the ignition off.

In case you park and leave the car in the dark.

453747.png

I am on my 5th subaru...never, ever used that switch. The 09 forester does not have it.

Neither does the Impreza...probably safe to say this has been phased out because of the people who cannot read their manual.

Americans just get in their car in drive, we don't need to know what does what. Until there's a problem of course.

I found the "f" ing switch on top of the steering column, thanks

I do not have the manual... never did.

& I looked for a switch 1st before I check out the internet...

I have the column up so I can not see it. well after 3 times looking for it I got it..

it's the battery kill switch in case your battery has too much juice in it you can drain it :lol:

:lol::lol:

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived