LegacyGT.com

Help ! I've messed something up with the airbags, seatbelts

jdkobe

Ok - so since no one could offer advise on the unused 12 pin connector under the drivers seat ( thought it was for accessory super woofer), I unbolted the drivers seat, slid it forward and began to test wires. Well, I could never find a wire that was switched power from radio, so I bolted back. But I did tilt seat back at 90 angle while working under there. Well, after I did that, I tried our seatbalt fix - 6 times, no luck. This is when I notices something was really messed up! even with the seatbelt in, the diggers will not stop. What's more, the air bag light won't go off and my auto transimission is locked into park. Well, I unlocked that, but still have the airbag light on and dingers will not go off with even seatbelts in. And, to top it off, the odometer is dark, and Miles to next fillup is '---'. I checked fuse 12, and it is good.. so now Im lost. It has been a tarrible day- 5 steps backwards trying to install aftermarket clario 6" woofer. UGH.

I meant to post this warning late last week after a visit to the dealer for a squeaky seat. Not a big issue, just annoying. The service advisor emphasized the fact that the seat should *never* be unbolted by the owner. It will cause a problem with the weight sensor for the air bags. The dealer must use a particular tool and procedure. Tom

• 6 years later...
Ok - so since no one could offer advise on the unused 12 pin connector under the drivers seat ( thought it was for accessory super woofer), I unbolted the drivers seat, slid it forward and began to test wires. Well, I could never find a wire that was switched power from radio, so I bolted back. But I did tilt seat back at 90 angle while working under there. Well, after I did that, I tried our seatbalt fix - 6 times, no luck. This is when I notices something was really messed up! even with the seatbelt in, the diggers will not stop. What's more, the air bag light won't go off and my auto transimission is locked into park. Well, I unlocked that, but still have the airbag light on and dingers will not go off with even seatbelts in. And, to top it off, the odometer is dark, and Miles to next fillup is '---'. I checked fuse 12, and it is good.. so now Im lost. It has been a tarrible day- 5 steps backwards trying to install aftermarket clario 6" woofer. UGH.

Bump from hell... how did you solve this? I'm getting the same thing. I checked all the fuses and they are all good now. One was burnt out (Unit B+) and I replaced it. I'm going to check the wiring underneath the seat but I wasn't even under there. All I was doing was pulling out fuses to check for a burnt one, trying to verify if it was the bulbs or the fuse that were out in my license plate lights. The battery was still connected when I was pulling the fuses to check.

Archived