LegacyGT.com

Checking CEL codes on Audi A4??

fatbastard

Well we just had work done on the wife's A4 and two days later we got a CEL. I can clear them but I have no way of checking them without going back tot eh shop that did the work and they are a decent drive and if I can fix it myself I will. So my question is this...I have a AP, if I download the logging software linked in the sticky of this forum can I read the code on an Audi? I would think so since one scanner can read all cars but I am not 100% sure especially since the software link lists it as Subaru. Has anyone used this software on other cars to read codes?

• 4 weeks later...
^ thanks..thats exactly what I did. iit was a P1312, which is odd because I have a gutted up with the stock sensor still installed. It never triggered before (over 2 years). I reset it and it has been fine for the last 30 miles but either way I need to remove the sensor and do the resistor mod..starting to worry the sensor may be ready to break off and eat my turbo.

• 2 weeks later...
Won't work, just go down to your nearest Autozone and borrow their code reader.

Autozone's can no longer lend users a code reader in San Diego county. Mechanics pushed to get a law passed that forbids them from doing it.

I have a CEL coming up on a 2004 Jetta. It cleared itself and was off for a day but came up again last night. I didn't think it was even remotely possible to use my AP but I will give this a try. A $15 cable from ebay souds like a great investment.

Can the Vag-Com software clear them? Or how is that done?

Autozone's can no longer lend users a code reader in San Diego county. Mechanics pushed to get a law passed that forbids them from doing it.

I have a CEL coming up on a 2004 Jetta. It cleared itself and was off for a day but came up again last night. I didn't think it was even remotely possible to use my AP but I will give this a try. A $15 cable from ebay souds like a great investment.

Can the Vag-Com software clear them? Or how is that done?

Tried the free 3.11 version of Vag Com with my OpenPort 2.0 and it could not talk to the Jetta.

• 3 months later...

Archived