LegacyGT.com

Subaru Rally Team hits NY!!!

JBLU24

originally posted on my local forum SQC-NY.COM (copied and pasted)

What's up everyone? My name is Brian Scotto. I am the editor of a new magazine called 0-60 (0-60mag.com). ANyway, Ken and Travis are coming into town next week (Tues & Wed). DC is launching a new driving shoe so they are having an event at the DC store on Spring. But Ken and Travis will have their cars in town, including the One Lap car (that I drove). That said, they wanted to come out and attend a Subaru GTG while they are here. Plus SoA will be with them and I can tell you all that a good showing of Scoobie fans in the NYC area may be what it takes to convince Subaru of doing an event here this summer for owners.

Anyway, what are you guys thinking. It is too late to get a permit anywhere, but do you guys have a spot that you normally meet up that we could have an impromtu GTG to show SoA that Subaru is alive and well in NYC?

http://cache.jalopnik.com/images/2006/05/ol_6parkinglot.jpg

so far the plan is Wed night 4/25 @ 8pm

Dave and Buster's in Farmingdale

261 Airport Plaza Blvd.

Farmingdale, NY 11735

(631)249-0708

except for SQC-NY this has been posted on LISC, EVO-NY, NASIOC.....

so far the head count is at like 60++

omg, lucky i checked tri-state section of the forum, which i usally don't check in monthes. so is this free? how far is it from Queens NY.

from queens between 35 and 45 minutes. Take northern state all the way to exit 40s and then go down rt 110 south for about 10 minutes. itll be on ur left after you go under a bridge

yes it starts at 8pm but people are prob gonna get there early for good parking...

just so you know SQC has weekly Tuesday night meets in Whitestone and LISC does Wed/Thursday night meets

it's pretty cool that Travis/Ken and the rest of the team wanna come chill with us to see what the local Subiescene is like......

SQC and LISC just chose the Wed night spot because the parking lot at Dave & Busters is a lot bigger (and nicer) than the Whitestone spot

if you dont wanna take the Northern State- just hop on the LIE to exit 49- route 110

Archived