LegacyGT.com

Which coilover set can reproduce the stock "luxury" ride?

mycotopian

I doubt you will ever get it to be as cushy as stock without problems. You need to sacrifice some comfort to lower a car or you will bottem the car out easily. Just deal with it and you will get used to it in time. The added handeling will deffinatly make kup for the lack of cushyness so attack the corners and be happy. :)

KW coilovers may be a good option.

But ultimately for the street I'd probably get the H&R Cup Kit if H&R ever makes it for the Legacy. They are not adjustable, but they make a well-engineered combo with progressive springs & Bilstein dampers.

The JIC are supposed to be one of the harshest riding coilovers. Almost any other coilovers will ride smoother. If you are willing to spend a couple bucks try getting some HKS Hipermax LS+ coilovers from Japan. The KW's might be a good choice as well, but with a firmer feel. I've also been very impressed by the ride quality of the Cusco Zero2 coilovers as well. I have the Megan Racing coilovers and they ride well, and are a very good value, but are a notch below the previously mentioned options in terms of ride comfort.

KW can get more comfortable than stock shocks with IONs springs. Not that IONs were really harsh at all. They were an excellent spring(I'm selling a set :).

KW's can get harder if you turn them up though.

I am running JIC FLTA-2's right now and I have tried many combinations of the settings and they are just to stiff for what I was looking for. I want to eliminate wheel gap but maintain a cushier ride (close to stock) for the streets.

you're not the only one that say that about JIC FLT-A2's for many other applications (as they were designed with race use in mind).

HKS actually offers the luxury coilover (LS+) and they have the Performer if you want more performance. Blitz, Zerosports, Cusco, and even Zeal are very workable for the street use. KW is also another good choice but I dont think it has all the bells and whistles like the Cusco or Zeals does.

Keefe

Archived