LegacyGT.com

Help Please!! damaged my car

Hi guys,

had my first incident with the legacy last night.

I hit a curbstone during a corner and have damaged the front right suspension.

i took it to a local repair shop and the guy gave me the damage report. he said that ' the passenger side lower control arm, sway bar, sway bar links, inner tie rods and outer tie rods' need to be replaced.

Can someone give me a guess on how much this might cost?

There is only one good news to be reported with this incident. I have been pondering about getting a better sway bar for a while now. This might be the opportunity to install a stiffer one. I have been considering a perrin sway bar.

Just one more question, I have to only replace my front sway bar. So, if i update my front sway bar to the stiffer perrin one, do I compulsorily have to replace the rear one too??

I would replace both sways if you get sways. They rest of the parts you can get stock replacements. Check some of the vendors on this site like Fredbean and import image.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

When hitting a curb, typically the most common thing damaged is the lower control arm which is what centers the wheel front and back in the wheel opening (caster). Therefore, it is possible the sway bar link bent from it going back as the link is pretty weak. However, the sway bar itself is rarely damaged in any collision and I cant see how your tie rods are affected. Usually only an impac to the face of the wheel would damage the steerings components (tie rod) and you should visibly be able to see damage to the tie rod if that is bent as well. Other than that, it is possible that the tie rod is worn and they suggest replacing it. I'd ask them to show you the tie rods and ask if it is physically damaged or just worn

Archived