LegacyGT.com

Least expensive downpipe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody know how bad catless is for emissions and passing inspection?

You aren't gonna pass especially if you are getting mirrored. For that reason I left the shorty cattless on and replaced the bottom with Perrin catted to pas VA inspection. the STi up passed visual in VA as well.

Usually if it isn't stock the heat shield is cut in a few places IIRC. Mine came with Strömung devorced shorty and COBB heat shield so I can't speak on what is cut on the stock one. You got a picture of it?

I'd say, stay away from the ultra cheap. I have literally the cheapest downpipe I could find on ebay with the features I wanted (such as wastegate divider). And it fits okay, it does work, but the flange was not machined at all, just raw cast. Subsequently, the gasket has a lot of work to do to fill the gaps.

You can gut the stock down pipe I believe. But I would say +1 on the CNT. Pretty low priced, I've only heard of a few rare cases of fitment issues. If you buy new, you can always return it. If you buy used, the seller should be honest enough to let you know if they had fitment issues.

You can gut the stock down pipe I believe. But I would say +1 on the CNT. Pretty low priced, I've only heard of a few rare cases of fitment issues. If you buy new, you can always return it. If you buy used, the seller should be honest enough to let you know if they had fitment issues.

I had fitment issues with mine but was able to make it work. Only issues I've had since are increased rattling inside the car but otherwise I'm satisfied with the purchase and the price was great at $225 shipped for catless

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

CNT is going to be the cheapest name brand you'll find easily on Ebay... But please be warned.. A lot of these super cheap downpipes tend to crack at the bend due to the extremely hot temperatures coming from the turbo..

Here comes the obvious saying....

Buy once, cry once.

It seems like you have an aftermarket downpipe? at least if the previous owner said there is one on it, what makes you think it's oem?

I am trying to figure out of it is aftermarket, the seller only said "ceramic coated downpipe" and I didn't think to ask if it was oem or aftermarket. I am trying to find out now because I am getting a pro-tune and need to. Over the weekend I will pull off the turbo heatshield to find out for sure.

Archived