LegacyGT.com

Did I get em' all?

CGuava

This may need to be in transmissions, but I figured I'd ask here first.

I've been trying to find a good write-up on a clutch job, and all I can find is the youtube videos. The are put together nicely and very informative. Unfortunately a bit unclear about the bell housing bolts. I'm fairly certain I got them all, but I can't get the tranny separated from the motor (with ease). Before I go crazy with screwdrivers and prybars, I just want to make sure I've got them all.

I've gotten the two starter bolts, two studs with nuts on the bottom. 2 bolts near the bottom studs, and both the top bolt (rightish side) and bolt that is slightly behind the turbo.

So I've got 6 bolts and 2 nuts. Anything else in the connection that needs to be disco'd?

I'd consider myself mechanically inclined, I've done numerous clutch/engine jobs, and typically the tranny just pulls off when the bolts are off. This is the newest vintage of vehicle I've ever done a clutch on. Just want a double check to make sure I'm not missing anything before I start using force.

FWIW, it's a 2006. Got the clutch parts and I'm ready to re-install want to put back in, just need to get them in there.

Any input from the experienced? What method did you guys use to separate the tranny from motor if you needed it?

Archived