LegacyGT.com

Headlights Dimming while Driving

A couple weeks ago, I thought I started seeing my headlights dim while I was driving just for a moment and then return normal. It was happening so quickly and sporadically, I thought I was going crazy.

This morning on my way to work, I noticed that that it is happening for sure.

I have an '05 LGT Wagon, 126k miles. I have Silverstar bulbs. No aftermarket stereo, amps, subs, etc.

I'm thinking, maybe the alternator but not sure.

Any thoughts?

happened to me as well, on other then subaru cars. it was poor grounding. i cleaned all ground points (sprayed with terminal cleaner, dry and put some dielectric compound to block air and moisture). never had problems again. yet to see it on my subie.

same here. Does everybody it is happening to have a seat heater? It only seems to happen to me when the seat heater is on. Mine has a newer belt and battery too, but happened before those........

Happened to me in my old 06 sti..i thought i was going nuts when it first happened. I never fixed it but a few months after first noticing the dimming, the idler pulley on the ac side went out...maybe it was going out and causing a strain of power? Meh sold the car, and havent had an issue with my legacy...yet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Archived