LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

City Tire in South Gate/Downey:

Prices are good at 65/hr. they have a mobile tire machine that they take to events, so they know what they're doing.

i know they're good for purchasing wheels (good prices),suspension work (decent prices) and tires (comparable to the cheapest online tire stores i've found.)

if you go through tire rack, u have to pay shipping, then you have to bring them out to someone to install them. big name chain stores charge about 100, maybe more if you already have a tire on the wheel. so that comes out to 150 or more in addition to tire price.

these guys dont charge the shipping, and the install is ~16 per tire. so you save 90 dollars right off the bat. then you save even more because most of their tires are cheaper than than tirerack's. you cant really go wrong here.

the facility isnt much to look at but the customer waiting area is decent. there's a tv with cable and the obligatory table with car mags. had a chat with the owner... a nice korean dude.

only negative was that it took longer than i thought it would but they had to take it to another shop to get it pressed and it was the first time they had done a suspension install like mine (roll center kit)

car for sale. PM me!

• 5 weeks later...
City Tire in South Gate/Downey:

Prices are good at 65/hr. they have a mobile tire machine that they take to events, so they know what they're doing.

i know they're good for purchasing wheels (good prices),suspension work (decent prices) and tires (comparable to the cheapest online tire stores i've found.)

if you go through tire rack, u have to pay shipping, then you have to bring them out to someone to install them. big name chain stores charge about 100, maybe more if you already have a tire on the wheel. so that comes out to 150 or more in addition to tire price.

these guys dont charge the shipping, and the install is ~16 per tire. so you save 90 dollars right off the bat. then you save even more because most of their tires are cheaper than than tirerack's. you cant really go wrong here.

the facility isnt much to look at but the customer waiting area is decent. there's a tv with cable and the obligatory table with car mags. had a chat with the owner... a nice korean dude.

only negative was that it took longer than i thought it would but they had to take it to another shop to get it pressed and it was the first time they had done a suspension install like mine (roll center kit)

For the best prices on tires, hit up subietech headquarters.

I will not be undersold!! + no shipping charges!

Discount Tire in Hermosa Beach did a great job mounting/balancing my new wheels and tires. I traded them the labor in exchange for my stock Potenza's, so it didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

• 2 weeks later...
BTW, South Coast Subaru might be running specials right now. I just got the dealer "minor service" done for $59, which normally costs $89.95, to top off fluids and visually inspect my recently purchased shag-wagon. Took 2 hours. Edited by issai

Anyone recommend any clear-bra / stoneguard / paint film protection shops or peeps?

Yeah I just got a gnarly deep rock chip down to the bare metal. I also need to find a place to repair it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my s2k done by my excoworker's brother.

he does dealership work. VERY good pricing and very good service. i had some gashes in the paint in other places and he touched them up no extra charge.

car for sale. PM me!

common questions, so i apologize, but any shops in the la area you guys recommend to do the lca bushing swap? i've ordered the avo/turbo (zero offset) but my local mom&pop place only does maintenance and not "performance" stuff.

i'm in la/west la. seems most places mentioned are in orange county or san diego.

thanks,

jksu