LegacyGT.com

Creaking in front end?

I have a creak that is driving me nuts, after 3 weeks I can't seem to find the exact problem. Its in the front end somewhere but just cant pin point it. Everything seems to be fine and tight from what I can see. I hear the creak if I push the car foward and backward as far as I can when its parked or when accelerating from a stop or coming to a stop. It used to be only at slow speeds but now its all the time. Anybody have a similar problem or any thoughts what it may bee

Have to disagree with the WD-40, which is largely a solvent similar to kerosene and IMO doesn't belong anywhere near rubber bushings. WD-40 says it's safe for rubber and I'm sure people use it so I'm not saying it's a fact that it's wrong, I just disagree with the recommendation.

Teflon lube designed for urethane suspension bushings is a better solution if you can find it. Otherwise, a water-based lube known as "RuGlyde" is available from NAPA.

I have a creak that is driving me nuts, after 3 weeks I can't seem to find the exact problem. Its in the front end somewhere but just cant pin point it. Everything seems to be fine and tight from what I can see. I hear the creak if I push the car foward and backward as far as I can when its parked or when accelerating from a stop or coming to a stop. It used to be only at slow speeds but now its all the time. Anybody have a similar problem or any thoughts what it may bee

does it make that sound when going over a speed up with different wheels. for example: when you approach a speed bump on an angle, you have one wheel one before the other one gets on the speed bump.

I had a similar problem and I had to tighten my sway bar where the end links are.

Its def not the sway bar bushings, greased them and no difference. Seems like its getting worse too, almost like a clunk, sometimes a creak. I thing I had the location wrong at first, almost sounds like its in/under the back seat but kinda hard to tell. speed bumps and bumps in the road have no effect, no creaks. only accelerating/decelerating I hear this creak/clunk.

I had the same sound creak/clunk- only happened every once in awhile as my 06' LGT is sittin at 45k. I had the front and rear differential fluid changed and haven't heard the creak/clunk since.

That might be a mad stab in the dark- FYI!

My 05 made a creak sound the turned into a clunk, it was more noticeable with the windows down when I'd hit a bump. Turned out it was the front end links and it's a very common issue with these cars. Only set me back a couple hundred in parts. If you go aftermarket watch what you order and ask for advice on here, I went OEM.

Archived