LegacyGT.com

suspension "clunk"

YCAGEL TG

So a couple weeks ago I installed Perrin F&R sways w/endlinks (front 21 rear 25) and I am getting quite a noticeable "clunk." Seems to happen when I go over uneven dips or rises in the road like driveways when not both wheels go over it at the same time (entering driveways at an angle.) I don't have to be going over them fast and quite often I'm going quite slow like 5-10 mph. So I guess my question is did I botch the install in some way or could this be some other stock part like a bushing or what not that has failed?? Other useful info would be that I have been on BC coilovers since last summer at a fairly aggressive drop. Thanks for any info you might have.

Jason

Thanks for the responses guys. I can't imagine that it would be the bushings needing grease. I gooped them up pretty good and only did it a couple of weeks ago. I hope I don't have a leaking shock already. Did any of you guys have a problem getting the top screw back into the bushing cover? I couldn't seem to get that little guy all the way in but she's tight as it want's to go.

Hmmm, I seem to have a similar problem and its driving me friggin' nuts. Not sure when it started but its been since it had my Perrin F & R sways/ endlinks put on as well. Also running Bilstein Rev A struts. I can't figure out where the sound is coming from but at low speeds, I mean really low like in and out of a driveway gutter bump or just slight ridges in a parking lot, I can clearly hear it. Its almost like a loose exhaust shroud or something but I've thoroughly checked that already. Haven't checked the endlinks but I can possibly see how this would create such a pronounced sound. Same with leaking shocks. It doesn't feel like they are starting to go on me at this point. What would make a sound like this of they were starting to go bad? Its not like they feel like they're bottoming out or anything. Hmmm....

Check your dust boots on your front struts, on my Megan Racing coilovers the dust boots would ride down the strut and hit the spring causing a clunk. BC makes MR stuff so it would not suprise me if it was the same issue for you. Check your struts for any cracks or leaks, it's not fun when they exploded from a small pothole.

Seems to be that the most believe that it is the endlink. Anyone happen to have the torque specs on these? GTTuner they are not stock and it's not a 25mm front, and I'm hoping they're not worn as they're not quite a month old.

ilovevtec13 thanks, I will check that out.

About that top bolt, sounds like cross threading, definatly get that bushing seated all the way or you'll have more bad noises and loss in performance. I had an issue getting it to reach so I went with a longer bolt. if it is cross threaded you should clean up the threads.

• 9 months later...
I am having this same problem! I currently have the Rallitek front and rear sway bar setup and their springs as well. I didn't hear this noise right away, but maybe 2 weeks after the install the noises started. I tried grabbing and moving random parts the the front sway bar, steering rack, strut, etc, and I can not replicate the noise. The noise only happens while driving and its getting annoying with the windows down. The bushings are well greased and i also lined them with teflon tape, so I am pretty sure its not them. I haven't thought about the shock being worn out, I will look into that hopefully tomorrow.

Archived