LegacyGT.com

05 LGT 5EAT Engine Bogging

Recently I've noticed that my engine will bog, or almost stutter when I start to accelerate. It's nerve racking because I have no idea what could be causing it... Any possibilities / known problems I should be aware of?

That is a difficult question to answer without more information. Do you know if the car has any modifications? Does this happen when the engine is cold, at operating temperature or both? Check engine light, etc...

The more information you can share the better.

That is a difficult question to answer without more information. Do you know if the car has any modifications? Does this happen when the engine is cold, at operating temperature or both? Check engine light, etc...

The more information you can share the better.

Completely stock... Happens at both operating temp and when its cold. No check engine light. Let me know what more info you need

Could you give us more detail when it starts to bog/studder under full WOT? Does it get better after 3k RPMs?

Its perfectly fine after 3k.. Starts immediately when I accelerate from a stand still.

Its perfectly fine after 3k.. Starts immediately when I accelerate from a stand still.

Ok, so it is the infamous Stutter before 3K. As I posted above my link that will help you with this issue. I myself and many others have this problem.

Some had it corrected it by replacing the fuel lines just after the fuel regulator, and some had it corrected by a tuner. There is no defendant answer, more of a trial and error until you find the source. Read through that link and it should help you pinpoint which direction you need to go.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Ok, so it is the infamous Stutter before 3K. As I posted above my link that will help you with this issue. I myself and many others have this problem.

Some had it corrected it by replacing the fuel lines just after the fuel regulator, and some had it corrected by a tuner. There is no defendant answer, more of a trial and error until you find the source. Read through that link and it should help you pinpoint which direction you need to go.

Ok will do. Thank you.

Archived